Betterworks is transforming how organizations motivate, engage & develop their global workforces. Motivated individuals & teams are connected to their organizations, aligned to priorities & committed to achieving company goals today & to building their skills for tomorrow - this is the cornerstone of business success.
The Sales Enablement Senior Director will lead our mission of enabling our sales organization to help companies unlock the full potential of their human capital. Were looking for a great talent who loves being close to the voice of the customer, someone who has a pulse on the market who is energized to lead this mission with a passion for teaching, coaching & learning.
As Sales Enablement Senior Director, you will be responsible for building enablement programs that will help us rapidly evolve our sales team, while influencing our marketing & services teams. We are evolving our sales processes & sales skills to address the needs of the enterprise customer. You will oversee all aspects of our sales enablement programs to ensure the field sales organization is equipped with the right content, skill set & productivity tools to maximize sales growth & our customers success.
These enterprise sales enablement models will encompass sales skill development (training), content expertise development (enablement) & sales mastery programs (certification & client engagement). Success in this role will require tight coordination with sales operations, sales leadership & marketing. Attention to detail & an eye for quality, along with the ability to grasp & translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial. Excellent communication & writing skills, original thought & creative ingenuity are musts for this position.
The position requires a strong sense of urgency, initiative & competitive drive to get things done by influencing others, delegating, developing contacts & building relationships. Having a positive impact on others in order to achieve results is also quite important in this position. Success will require the ability to motivate team members to engage new programs & stretch themselves. The position requires social poise, warmth & friendliness, as well as the ability to stimulate & motivate others in order to achieve the results necessary for success.
- Initially, operate as a team of one with support from your colleagues in Sales Leadership, Sales Operations, & Marketing
- Design, develop, & deliver world class learning programs that are experiential, drive behavior change & increase enablement & performance within our Sales Organization
- Implementation of new sales methodology & process that put customer & their needs at the center of our process.
- Develop geography & vertical marketing strategies, positioning & messaging that differentiates Betterworks product portfolio in the market
- Cooperation with Sales Operations to restructure sales stages (entry/exit criteria)
- Ownership of new hire onboarding training as well as ongoing reinforcement through periodic refreshers as well as SKO & QBRs
- Evaluate the business impact of learning programs through use of learning & performance metrics
- Communicate & manage program objectives & deployment plans
- Build & maintain appropriate learning & support materials for programs
- Understanding of the competitive landscape & ability to design & deliver strategies that will maintain a competitive advantage throughout the sales process
- Manage budgets for training events & exercises
- Establish & maintain repository of training materials
- Own call recording & analysis for training purposes
** Position can be remote & will require air travel which could be heavy at times**
- 10 + years of field sales, sales enablement & marketing experience
- Bachelors in business or marketing, MBA preferred
- Excellent team player with good written communication & presentation skills
- Excellent program & project management skills to interact with staff, colleagues & cross-functional teams, & third parties
- Experienced at establishing priorities & meeting swift deadlines in a fast pace, rapidly changing environment
- Proficient in establishing learning & performance metrics & measurements (ROI & Benchmarking)
- Experience building Integrated marketing campaigns
- Proficiency with tools such as SFDC, SalesHood, MindTickle, Gong, Chorus, AISense, Outreach, Clari, Insight Squared
- TaskRay or similar technology desired
- Location: Bay Area or NYC preferred, but open to remote locations in North America
- Ability to manage heavy periodic air travel
BetterWorks provides enterprise software to easily manage strategic plans, collaborative goals & ongoing performance conversations. Its Business Operating System is built on Goal Science insights & operational research to help high-performing companies execute more effectively. The company is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with an office in New York City & space in San Francisco, & is backed by Emergence Capital (Series B), Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers & 8VC. BetterWorks has an experienced team from innovative companies like Amazon, Box, Google, LinkedIn, Palantir, Salesforce & Yammer. To learn more about BetterWorks, visit www.betterworks.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are committed to an inclusive & diverse BetterWorks. We believe that different perspectives lead to better ideas, & better ideas allow us to better understand the needs & interests of our diverse, global BetterWorks Community. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives & are an equal opportunity employer.