TheFork, part of Tripadvisor group, is the leading online restaurants booking platform in Europe & Australia. We are present in +12 countries with 60 000 partners restaurant in a mission to bringing happiness through amazing dining experiences. Creator of a unique model that has disrupted the restaurant industry, we put innovation at the heart of our ambitious growth.
Thanks to TheFork (app/web), millions of diners can easily discover, book & pay the right restaurant at the right price, & thousands of restaurants owners benefits from our solutions to optimise reservation management, streamline operations & ultimately improve service & boost revenue.
About engineering @ TheFork:
- Our team is based on 100+ people including engineers, QA, design, product & devOps.
- We have an international team, with people working from France, Italy, Portugal, UK & Argentina.
- Our stack is mostly in Node both on the backend & frontend, & we work with React for our interfaces & GraphQL as API. Our Mobile Apps are made with Swift & Kotlin.
- Our engineers take great pride in their code, & pay close attention to the submitted pull requests.
- We solve many challenges with highly performant solutions, addressing beautiful interfaces without being troubled by the scalability of the platform itself.
Who you are
- Passionate about software development.
- Experience working with Node projects (2 years minimum).
- Experience building & consuming APIs.
- Ability to think of the customer & the business in order to solve problems and get stuff done.
- Motivated to understand how big architectures work (micro-services, integrations with third party applications, cloud services, amongst others).
- Applies progressive enhancement philosophy.
- Proficient English level.
Nice to have
- Knowledge about Typescript & GraphQL APIs.
- Aware of front-end technologies & frameworks (React).
- Experience working with microservices.
- Ability to manage complexity in a large project, & incur technical debt only after considering the trade-offs.
- Experience working with remote teams.