Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
About the Job:
As the Director, Accounting, you will play a key role on our growing Account team during this exciting period of high growth & process transformation. Reporting to the Senior Director, Accounting, you will have an exciting opportunity to manage & drive the financial close process ensuring accounting quality for a fast-paced, extremely successful & high energy company.
What Youll Do:
- Manage full cycle the month & quarter-end financial statement close process by keeping team priorities on track & assisting staff when necessary
- Approve & post journal entries prepared by Accounting Managers on a weekly & monthly basis
- Review balance sheet reconciliations ensuring proper accuracy & completion of accounts
- Perform a detailed review of expense accounts for proper accruals, coding & accounting
- Create & compile internal financial package to review & distribute
- Investigate reporting discrepancies / anomalies & communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner
- Continually develop, expand & improve month end close & financial reporting procedures
- Oversee process & remittance for Unclaimed Property compliance
- Partner with FP&A team during the planning & budgeting process
- Communicate with various internal & external partners at various levels
- Support the year-end financial statement audit, as well as any statutory audits that may arise
- Manage, mentor & train staff
- You have a Bachelors degree in Accounting
- You have your CPA license
- You have 8+ years of accounting experience including a minimum of 5 years of experience in a general accounting role, preferably in consumer products/ retail / e-commerce industries
- You have experience managing a team & a track record of developing & mentoring staff
- You have a strong understanding of US GAAP
- You have experience working with ERP systems - Microsoft Dynamics 365 is a plus
- You are a team player, willing to roll-up your sleeves & get involved, no matter how small the task
- You are a highly organized detail-oriented individual with a strong sense of ownership
- You have very strong Excel skills & are comfortable with analyzing & manipulating large data sets
- You have a strong work ethic & a can-do positive attitude
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed servicemember status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.