Vimeo's Video Platform team is responsible for the systems & services that upload, transcode, & deliver billions of plays & hundreds of petabytes of on-demand & live videos.
As a member of the Video Platform team, youll work closely with the other team members to ensure the video (VOD & Live) infrastructure is always up & running, write APIs to interface with other systems, & work with other teams to improve the end-users experience.
We own the services we write, which means following the best practices when it comes to writing code, writing tests, & ensuring the apps are properly instrumented.
What youll do:
- Design, develop & maintain Vimeos video upload, transcoding & live infrastructures (from ingest to playback).
- Work with the team to build frameworks to simplify deployment & testing.
- Deliver innovative video solutions in collaboration with Video Encoding, Player & other Product Engineering teams
- Architect scalable, observable systems in collaboration with Cloud & CDN providers to deliver high quality user experience.
- Evaluate & propose new solutions to improve performance & cost.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- Proven experience programming for distributed systems.
- Experience designing & implementing scalable systems in the cloud.
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker) & orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes).
- Ability to write high-quality code, tests & make sure your services are monitored.
Bonus points (nice skills to have, but not needed):
- Experience with Go.
- Experience working with video technologies (ffmpeg, HLS, Dash, etc.).
- Experience with Google Cloud.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.