At NewsCred, our mission is to change the way marketing organizations work, elevating team performance through an integrated approach to marketing.
NewsCred is the global leader in enterprise content marketing. We offer a three-prong solution across 1) best-in-class technology, 2) the largest & most diverse content offerings, & 3) strategic professional services, rooted in the expertise weve gained as the unrivaled market leader over the past 10+ years. We deliver this complete solution through a proven, repeatable methodology that ensures positive business outcomes for the worlds leading brands.
Learn more at newscred.com & follow us on Twitter @newscred
NewsCred is seeking a solutions consultant interested in joining a highly successful & growing SaaS start-up. The solutions consultant works in the pre-sales team & collaborates with the sales team to lead client discovery & pitch tailored solutions. The responsibility of the pre-sales team is to enable the sales team to win more qualified deals & to do it faster. The pre-sales team plays a strategic role in the companys success, is highly knowledgeable in product functionality, editorial service offerings, & is able to speak to content marketing strategies to inspire content marketers.
Location & Travel: NYC based, less than 20% travel.
- Help the prospect visualize themselves in the solution
- Convince buyers that the solution benefits will far outweigh any perceived risk
- Deliver the product demo to individual customers & create customized experiences when necessary
- Ownership of technical/product-focused RFPs & security questionnaires
- Explain technical details to the technical buyers
- Translate business needs of a prospect/client into a technical framework around the NewsCred offering, then re-translate that in layman business terms
- Have a firm grip of your existing product, have the ability to intelligently communicate the roadmap
- Articulate the value the NewsCred product can provide without overwhelming the client with technical jargon
- Lead discovery sessions asking questions to understand customer needs & translating business objectives into software/services requirements
- Leverages product understanding to provide technical expertise to the NewsCred sales team & prospect through prospect needs, overcome objections, technical sales presentations, product demonstrations, & produce proof of concepts as well as technically close deals
- Participates in the consultation to prospective users and/or product capability assessment & validation
- Establishes relationships & engages with the technical personnel at a prospective customer to identify opportunities & sell NewsCred products & services.
- Lead technical differentiation in the context of the competitive set as an internal expert in our market position
- Pro-actively maintain expertise of NewsCred technologies via personal enablement & internal training offerings
- Provides regular & efficient updates on assigned accounts to Solutions Consulting management.
- Creates & delivers technical product training sessions to partners & peers
- Work closely with product marketing & engineering teams to collaborate on customer solutions
- Maintain technical & business knowledge of marketing technology applications, industry direction, & trends
- Maintain working knowledge of competitive offerings & architectures
- Assist with preparation of proposals, statements of work, & supporting documents for customers
- Prepare & maintain a library of custom platform demonstration environments, mock-ups & stories of customer solutions
- BA or BS in a technical field is a plus
- 5+ years working in a martech software company in a client-facing role, preferably implementing or managing customer's success as part of a sales team
- Strong understanding in integrated marketing & content marketing
- Strong understanding of digital marketing/product experiences & an understanding of how they connect brands & consumers.
- A great SE will have a strong mix of technical prowess, business acumen, salesmanship, communication skills (written & verbal), & likeability
- Ability to effectively present to audiences & adjust to the level of role & understanding
- Ability to uncover business challenges & objectives & develop a documented custom solution to tackle those challenges
- Ability to develop & effectively communicate business cases & justifications to prospects & stakeholders
- Sales and/or pre-sales experience with SaaS/Cloud products; experience in a marketing performance environment with a solid understanding of data mining; middleware & integration software; storage systems & management; network & information systems; SEO/SEM marketing
Why Youll Love Working Here
- Our culture is the most important thing we offer: a place to do your best work & a chance for your voice to be heard in a democratic environment as we shape a high-growth space. Learn more in ourHow We Workdocument
- All-hands Demo Days on Wednesdays; catered lunches on Fridays
- A full suite of benefits, including medical, vision, dental, 401k match, & generous parental leave
- Best-in-class compensation plans, as well as company equity everyone has a stake in our growth
- A light but frequent agile performance review process, to encourage ongoing transparency between managers & direct reports
- Unlimited vacation days
- Partnership with a Concierge Health Care service, allowing you to book same-day appointments & get 24/7 medical advice
- Student loan repayment program, enabling you to potentially pay down thousands in your loan
NewsCred is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, promoting & hiring a diverse workforce. We believe that diversity is an essential part of a healthy workplace & that inclusivity means more than just good intentions.