About the Role
The Performance Marketing Manager role is critical to help drive the overarching omni-channel growth strategy for Harrys within our US-based retail channels: Mass, Grocery, & Drug with a special emphasis on Target, Walmart, & Kroger to start. The right candidate is someone who is energized to develop this dedicated function for our retail business which will help drive profitable growth across our portfolio of brands & product segments. The PMM is a serial collaborator who partners internally with retail marketing, sales leadership, insights, analytics, brand marketing, acquisition marketing, & creative, & externally with our retail partners to deliver integrated solutions in tune with each retailers needs. The PMM will define the growth strategy & own the execution, optimization, & reporting of all performance marketing campaigns for our key retail partners.
About the Team
The Retail team is a critical function that drives our overarching portfolio & growth strategy for Harrys with our retail partners. The team is responsible for all customer development activities at each retail partner, cultivating relationships across all functions merchandising, marketing, operations, in-store execution, & omni-channel development. As Harrys continues to expand into new segments, the Retail team will be the primary driver of future growth for the company.
Commitment: This is a full-time position based in NYC with flexibility to work remote during COVID.
Heres What Youll Accomplish:
- Partner with internal cross-functional teams & external partners to lead the strategic development & execution of customer retention & acquisition programs based on brand growth strategy & revenue targets; emphasis on delivering strong ROI at key retailers within Mass, Grocery, & Drug
- Design highly efficient campaigns to reach targeted retail audiences with relevant messaging across a variety of channels: on-site search/sponsored products, social, influencer, display, loyalty marketing (email, direct mail), & more
- Connect all available touchpoints across the customer journey at retail with key insights including shopper missions, motivations, & brand/product attributes to help influence behavior & stimulate demand
- Help establish performance marketing benchmarks for the retail channel & oversee program forecasting, reporting, & business analysis; manage through a P&L lens
- Project manage creative development cycles with internal designers & copywriters as well as external partners to test & produce high-performance ads & landing page experiences for each channel
- Conduct in-depth post-program analyses, draw actionable insights from data, & develop hypothesis to improve efficiency of spend
- Gain buy-in on strategic priorities & efforts from key executives & stakeholders
- Manage relationships with external retail partners marketing & ecommerce teams, as well as internal teams at Harrys including retail marketing, sales leadership, insights, analytics, brand marketing, creative, & more
The following should describe you:
- 3 - 5 years experience managing performance marketing/growth campaigns for consumer products; previous experience as a DR marketer a plus (Search, Display, Social)
- Proven ability to define a strategy then lead implementation & execution of tactics to achieve stated results
- Data driven, adept at mining data for hidden insights & exceptionally curious to understand the why behind the what -- ability to tailor programs that connect back to key, strategic insights
- Professional, enthusiastic, a solid team player that possesses a drive for results, thrives in a fast-paced environment, & easily adapts to changing priorities
- Highly self-motivated & self-directed in your work with a bias towards action & a willingness to take on tasks no matter how big or small
- A model of collaborative behavior & a strong track record of partnering cross-functionally to deliver best in class performance marketing programs
- Ability to independently prioritize time, staying organized in a fast-paced work environment
- You are always thinking about how to help the teammates around you excel
- Sense of humor -- we take our work seriously & ourselves un-seriously
Who you will work with:
- The PMM will work most closely with contacts at key retail partners (Target, Walmart, & Kroger to start) & our retail marketing, sales leadership, insights, analytics, brand marketing, acquisition marketing, & creative teams here at Harrys
- The PMM will work closely with our best in class Acquisition Marketing, particularly during onboarding, to understand current benchmarks & best practices within the DTC channel
- You'll report to the Director of Omni-Channel Marketing & Insights for Retail
- External vendors & 3rd parties who support various omni-channel marketing tools on as-needed basis
Harrys started in 2013 with simple, fairly priced products that delivered an amazing experience to guys every day. Since then, Harrys expanded to the UK, developed relationships with retailers such as Target & Walmart, expanded our grooming brand into a personal care powerhouse, & launched a womens brand called Flamingo.
The key to our success? Our amazing people. From chemists, mechanical engineers, CX associates, to creative directors, sourcing managers, & logistics specialists, Harrys team is comprised of some of the most brilliant, diverse, & humble people youll ever meet.
Our brands answer unmet consumer needs, but our company is a place of inclusion & innovation that attracts some of the brightest minds across industries, geographies, & backgrounds. Whether we have a team of 3 or 300, our core values & our startup mentality remain; we value continuous improvement & learning, teamwork & collaboration, creative problem solving, & open & direct dialogue & feedback. Come for the coffee & free products, stay for the amazing, passionate culture.
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together.
Harrys is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment & advancement opportunities to all individuals. We recruit, hire & promote into all job levels the most qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth & related medical conditions), parental status, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, marital, family or partnership status, political affiliation or activities, military service, domestic violence victim status, arrest/conviction record, sexual or reproductive health decisions, caregiver status, credit history immigration status, unemployment status, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to hair texture & protective hairstyles or any other status protected under applicable federal, state & local laws. Harrys commitment to providing equal employment opportunities extends to all aspects of employment, including job assignment, compensation, discipline & access to benefits & training.
We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.