Vox Media is the leading independent modern media company. Known for building the best media brands & the technology that enables them, we are committed to building a better future for the industry & getting the future of media right. Vox Medias editorial networks include Vox, The Verge, SB Nation, Eater, Polygon, Recode, & Curbed. Our diverse storytelling & advertising businesses include the Concert publisher-led marketplace, the Vox Creative brand studio, the Chorus publishing platform, & the companys entertainment division Vox Media Studios, which includes the Vox Media Podcast Network & Epic.
The Manager, Marketing Operations will ensure the marketing team is operating to its fullest capacity. You will be the right hand to the Executive Director of Marketing, delving into ad hoc projects while developing & implementing the right processes across the org to ensure we are operating effectively & efficiently. You will partner with Sales Makreting Director to ensure information flows smoothly between sales & marketing & collaborate to continually improve marketing effectiveness & our lead pipeline, including optimization, testing, targeting for our priority products.
Ideal candidates are entrepreneurial types who like to get their hands dirty. You are a self-starter, self-reliant, & selfless. You anticipate things that need to get done, & you do them. You are resourceful & a problem-solver, even when you dont fully understand the problem. You ask for help when you need it. You communicate effectively & efficiently with people across many organizations & experience levels. You are dynamic, just like the job.
This position will report to the Director, Executive Marketing & reside within Vox Medias Communications organization. This position will be based in New York City. There may be some occasional travel depending on project.
What youll do:
- Support the Executive Director in different tasks & projects by creating & updating documents, facilitating meetings, developing presentations, & managing projects as necessary.
- Manage the execution of marketing initiatives including developing media plans, coordinating design assets, coordinating events, updating department calendars
- Communicate out to the broader Comms organization around key dates & initiatives, holding stakeholders & team members accountable
- Own the organization of the marketing team & continually find ways to optimize
- Lead your own special projects, either assigned by the executive leadership or initiated on your own.
- Communicate updates on the teams initiatives & progress across the organization & the company.
What youll bring:
- 4-plus years working in digital media, preferably in a startup environment. Preferred background that includes event management
- Strong written communication
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Photoshop, Powerpoint, Keynote, & CustomShow
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Adwords, & comScore, & the ability to easily pull & interpret data from those sources
- Ability to manage several projects at once & prioritize accordingly
- Superior organizational skills
- Experience creating marketing materials for diverse audiences
- Ability to see the long-term picture but deliver short-term success
- Flexibility to pivot your workday as needed while maintaining a level head & a positive attitude
- Strong eye for detail
About working at Vox Media: This is a permanent, full-time position with excellent benefitsincluding flexible hours & generous parental leave. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.