Technical Consultant (Job Level TC 2/3)
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models & acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates & orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing & revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career & leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate & innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility & accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to makeshift happen. Our culture isnt an empty branding effort our ZEOs love working here & it shows in our 4.5+ rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, & stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet & Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai & Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences & contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Zuora is looking for Technical Consultant(s) to join our Center of Excellence team to help Zuora customers embark on their subscription economy journey. The candidate will have an opportunity to develop his/her analytical, product, & technical skills needed around the Zuora Platform, Quote-to-Recognition (CPQ, Orders, Billings, Payments, & Finance) domain.
- Design & develop platform/product extensions, as per Zuora SAAS delivery methodology, that meets the additional functionality specified by the Client
- Liaise with Zuora Solution Architect in guiding the Customer & Partners to develop certain type of platform extensions
- Develops the knowledge of the programming stack needed for moderate to complex projects
- Writes unit tests per industry & Zuora/Client standards & Unit Tests all code before delivering to the Client with the help of Solution Architect or Senior Resource in the Project
- Learn the skills required to translate business problems into technical solutions as per Zuora product roadmap
- Demonstrate proficiency by consistently delivering technical solutions as per project delivery timeline
- Proactively & independently develops additional technical skills (i.e. learn new programming languages), or as needed for projects and/or Zuora products
- Communicates (verbal & written) professionally & in the correct business form with team members & clients
- Pro-actively communicates with project team members with regards to events that might impact the timely delivery of assignments & competing project assignments
- Able to effectively communicate with their Project Manager & team members to find solutions that minimize impacts to project schedules
- Complete Zuora technical Certifications as per Center of Excellence guidelines
- Contribute to community whitepapers to enhance Zuoras products & services
- Concurrently work with multiple customers, adjust to changes in priorities, & respond quickly & effectively
- Manage ambiguity & changing requirements
- Manage self & team members of project by providing technical guidance to them
- Contribute to the internal organizational initiatives & be a role model for the team
- Able to find opportunities to take initiatives that will benefit the team & the company as a whole for the improvements
Required Experience & skills
Education & Essential Experience
- Bachelor of Engineering (Computer Science) or Master of Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent
- 2 to 8 years of relevant experience in advanced Programming development or Software Consulting
- Good knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming, Software Analysis & Design, Test driven development
- Working knowledge of one or more current programming languages such as JAVA, Salesforce, Python,Ruby, APIs, SQL, PL/SQL, & Oracle Database
- Good understanding of concepts related to SAAS & Cloud Computing
- Knowledge of programming with SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML, JSON, HTML, CSS.
- SQL Scripting knowledge to be able to query data, create complex joins, & reformat existing tables
- Basic programming in Powershell, Bash, or other scripting language to automate tasks & troubleshoot existing tools.
- Understanding of RDBMS concepts, DML & DDL operations.
- Expert in writing Technical Design Documents for complex requirements
- Ability to independently perform use case validation on developed extensions
- Familiarity in Agile Development methodologies.
- Consulting skills to be able to work with clients, troubleshoot their data, & assist them in fixing the data
- Knowledge of Order to Cash or Finance business processes
Additional or Optional Skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Apex Programming will be an added advantage
- Salesforce Platform Developer I/II or Salesforce CPQ Specialist certification will be a great advantage
- Java Certified Professional Developer (Professional Java Certification) would be preferred
- Ability to communicate product functionalities in business language to end users
- Ability to understand business functional areas & product issues
- Customer service-oriented & proactive in anticipating & resolving problems
- Strong oral & written communication skills