The Squarespace Finance team is seeking an eager junior accountant to join our team. You will play a key role in the transformation of the company's financial reporting processes to an automated stream-lined state.
The Junior Accountant will have an opportunity to make a real impact by driving process improvement & system implementation efforts to streamline operations & improve the quality of the close process.
You will report to the Senior Accountant in our NYC headquarters.
You'll Get To...
- Execute daily & monthly functions to support the accounting team in accurately processing accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP
- Ownership of bank reconciliations & fixed assets
- Acquiring detailed understanding of business processes & connecting them with financial results
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency of existing processes & proposing enhancements
- Responsible for accurate month & year end close activities including but not limited to detailed review of cash transactions & fixed assets
- Assist in the documentation of close procedures in compliance with applicable internal control guidance
- Assist in the accumulation of support for the Company's annual audit & quarterly reviews
Who We're Looking For
- At least 1 year of hands on experience with month end close
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Experience with Netsuite or other large ERP system
Benefits & Perks
- A choice between medical plans with an option for 100% covered premiums
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Access to supplemental insurance plans for additional coverage
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pretax commuter benefit
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 6 Global Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $56,000 - $97,750 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, experience, & location, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in bustling New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Aveiro, Portugal (coming soon!) & coworking spaces in the UK, Netherlands, & Australia. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Thank you in advance for providing the following details about your work history from your resume! This helps us ensure that your candidate information is accurate & consistent during the hiring process.