FREENOME IS SEEKING A CLINICAL LABORATORY ASSOCIATE, PRE-ANALYTICAL LABORATORY
About the Role
Freenome is a biotechnology company pioneering the most comprehensive multiomics platform for early cancer detection. We are developing simple & accurate blood tests for early cancer detection by combining a deep expertise in molecular biology with advanced computational biology & machine learning techniques to recognize disease-associated patterns among billions of circulating, cell-free biomarkers.
Our Discovery Platform will integrate these actionable insights into health systems operationalizing a machine learning feedback loop between care & science, ultimately delivering better outcomes to patients everywhere.
Freenomes Clinical Laboratory Associate will support the companys Pre-Analytical Laboratory with the receiving, accessioning, plasma sample processing, & storage. Important to our mission is providing quality samples to process downstream for quality analysis & results.
How youll contribute:
- Verifies all aspects of incoming specimens & assess acceptability for testing.
- Perform & enter information into the laboratory database.
- Prepare samples for testing by centrifuging & fractionation.
- Manually aliquot specimens & manage sample storage inventory.
- Execute automated protocols on the Hamiltons.
- Create sample batches & label tubes associated with each batches.
- Resolve & document incomplete or unacceptable specimens.
- Perform equipment maintenance according to the laboratorys standard operating procedures for the following but not limited to: Hamiltons, Biosafety Cabinets, centrifuges, freezers, refrigerators, & pipettes, as needed.
- Ensure on-time calibration of laboratory equipment is scheduled & performed.
- Maintain sufficient inventory of material, supplies & equipment in the laboratory for performance of duties.
- Check & monitor temperature.
- Participate in cross-departmental projects.
- Assist with training of new laboratory personnel & training of new procedures with existing personnel.
- Assist with internal audits & inspection preparation, as needed.
- Assist with organizing & maintaining laboratory, equipment, personnel & training documents.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratorys established performance specifications.
- Report all concerns of test quality and/or safety to the Supervisor or Safety Officer.
- Perform other miscellaneous laboratory duties as assigned & assist others as time allows.
- Provide support to the Clinical Laboratory Scientists including but not limited to creating sample batches, printing labels & label tubes & plates, preparing & aliquoting of reagents, & assisting with sample processing
What youll bring:
- Bachelor of Arts in biological sciences or 2+ years of related field.
- Have working knowledge of local, state & federal laboratory regulations.
- High sample volume laboratory experience preferred
Nice to Have:
- Ability to analyze & solve basic issues.
- Ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers & work as part of a team.
- Ability to multitask & be flexible with tasks & schedules.
- Ability to work with self-discipline, good judgment & independence.
- Computer skills & automation skills preferred.
Freenome is on a mission to empower everyone with the tools they need to detect, treat, & ultimately prevent cancer.
We have pioneered the most comprehensive multiomics platform for early cancer detection through a routine blood draw. By combining deep expertise in molecular biology with advanced computational biology & machine learning techniques to recognize disease-associated patterns among billions of circulating, cell-free biomarkers, we are developing simple & accurate blood tests for early cancer detection & integrating the actionable insights into health systems to operationalize a machine learning feedback loop between care & science.
Our recent $270 Million Series C brings our financing to over $500 million from investors, including; Bain Capital, Perceptive Advisors, RA Capital, Polaris Partners, Andreessen Horowitz, funds & accounts advised by T. Rowe Price Associates, GV (formerly Google Ventures), Roche Venture Fund, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, American Cancer Societys BrightEdge Ventures, Data Collective Venture Capital, Novartis & Verily Life Sciences.
Freenome is building technology to advance the understanding of cancer through multiple analytes derived from blood. These signals include cell-free DNA, methylation of cell-free DNA, cell-free RNA, circulating proteins, & immune profiling derived from thousands of prospective samples. By developing novel statistical learning methods & applying them to integrate various -omics datasets, Freenome is a leader in modeling specific biological mechanisms to capture disease-dependent signatures, including gene expression, immune response, tumor burden, the tissue of origin, & 3D chromatin structure.
By building comprehensive discovery datasets & modeling critical biological systems, Freenome is learning what biological changes are present within the blood between a variety of different disease states, including cancer, autoimmune disorders, infections, drug response, & aging. The synthesis of Freenomes datasets, cross-functional technical expertise, & audacious mission to discover biological truth, we seek to improve the lives of millions through early detection & early treatment of disease.
Freenomers are technical, creative, visionary, grounded, empathetic, & passionate. We build teams around divergent expertise, allowing us to solve problems & ascertain opportunities in unique ways. Freenomers are some of the most talented experts in their fields, joining together to advance healthcare, one breakthrough at a time.
We value empathy, integrity, & trust in one another, & we respect the diverse perspectives of our colleagues & those we serve. We assume positive intent & give each other the benefit of the doubt with the firm belief that we are a team working toward the same objectives. We believe in empowering & supporting each other in a collaborative & dynamic environment.
What does a successful person look like at Freenome?
Those who thrive at Freenome prioritize, manage, & execute their own goals with ownership & alignment with those of the company. They embrace our values of empathy, integrity, striving for greatness, servant leadership, trust, & holding themselves & their team accountable to these values. They crave collaboration with brilliant minds from disparate fields of study & believe that hiring & mentorship are fundamental to our success. Above all, they welcome & provide constructive feedback & criticism, trusting in others good intentions, & being secure in knowing that embracing mistakes is the best way to learn & grow. For those who pursue challenges, understudied problems, & want the opportunity to see their work impact the lives of millions of people affected by cancer every year, theres no better place to be than Freenome.
Freenome is proud to be an equal opportunity employer & we value diversity. Freenome does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.