Pendo is looking for a Senior Commercial Account Executive
The Pendo Sales team has the goal of growing the business by 2x year over year. We have a team sales mentality where everyone works together toward a common objective. We are very metrics driven & hold ourselves to a high level of accountability. Our Sales team follows these core values:
- Hit your number
- Work as a team
- Grow & learn
- Be exceptional
- Have fun
As a Senior Commercial Account Executive, you will be responsible for overseeing the success plan in a specific sales geo-territory. This will include managing a territory's larger deal cycles from generation through to close. While this role is not a managerial role, it will include strategizing with the Sales Development Representatives & other Account Executives in that territory. You will be the primary contact with higher-tier revenue customers & have the responsibilities of demoing Pendo's platform, providing technical assistance, successfully navigating a proof of concept, & negotiating contracts. As a Commercial Account Executive, you will be accountable for developing the plan that will lead to hitting your territory goal, with the full assistance of the company to make you successful.
Responsibilities (what youll do):
- Work full cycle deals from demo complete to close
- Research & target exciting new SaaS companies using prospecting tools
- Build & manage a territory plan
- Learn & demonstrate the Pendo platform to new prospective customers
- Navigate a customer through a 30-day free trial & proof of concept
- Negotiate contracts
- Record & document all sales activities in SalesForce.com
What you'll get:
- A deep knowledge of selling a SaaS B2B product
- Exposure to some of the top SaaS professionals in the industry
- Interaction with the top SaaS companies in the world as they are our customers
- The ability to prospect, demo, & close in a high paced environment
- Proficiency in sales tools such as SalesForce.com, Outreach, Datanyze, LinkedIn, & more
- The more you succeedthe more responsibility you will getquickly!
- In depth SaaS sales training with MEDDIC & Force Management methods
Qualifications (what you have):
- 7+ years or more of sales experience in an entrepreneurial SaaS environment.
- MEDDIC and/Force Management Methodology preferred.
- Proven success in closing deal sizes at or above 100k.
- Consistent track record of hitting goal & numbers.
- Possess an understanding of SaaS financial metrics.
- Willingness to learn in a high-paced sales environment.
- Ability to embrace feedback & hold yourself accountable.
- The ability to learn technology basics & apply them to business situations.
- Bonus: Technical or Product Management background.
- Bonus: Entrepreneurial background.
Pink, Perks, & Such:
Pendo was founded in 2013 by former product managers, who combined their heads & hearts to build something they wanted but never had as product managers -- a simple way to understand & attack what truly drives product success. Our mission is to improve society's experience with software.
Come join one of the fastest-growing startups, supported by best-in-class institutions like Battery Ventures, Salesforce Ventures, Spark Capital & Meritech. You will gain experience in a diverse & exciting set of technologies & clients & have a real impact on Pendo's future. Our culture is passionate, dynamic, & fun.
- Company Equity
- Health benefits 100% covered for your entire family. 100% dental & vision coverage for employee
- Open vacation policy
- Free weekly lunches & fully stocked kitchen with drinks, goodies & balanced snacks
- Frequent company & team-building events
- Free parking or monthly stipend for other modes of transportation (biking, walking, do you skate?)
- Lots of company swag...hope you like pink!
We are an equal opportunity employer & believe having diverse teams in which everyone brings their whole self to Pendo is key to our success. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.