At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an energetic team-player, who has a background in field services, maintenance operations & electromechanical function to join as a Station Hardware Operation Lead.
As Station Hardware Operations Lead, you will be front & center in ensuring overall operations excellence for the maintenance of our on-street bike share stations in seven markets in North America (including New York, Chicago & San Francisco); developing quality assurance programs to ensure our station hardware is maintained by partners & contractors to ensure a high degree of customer experience; & providing operational input into future station design, by serving as a subject matter expert for our engineering & product teams to lower operational life-cycle costs.
If you share our vision for transportation that empowers local communities, reduces our environmental footprint & brings people together, wed love to meet you!
- Develop & maintain Station Hardware Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Oversee & manage work order management systems for all markets with on-street station hardware
- Assist local operations teams with adoption of best-practices for routine maintenance, station troubleshooting, station damage prevention, & other dynamics involved with a field services teams managing publically available station hardware
- Oversee hardware-specific components of payment card industry (PCI) compliance initiatives
- Provide functional expertise & facilitate knowledge sharing with local operations teams
- Work with Data Science & Operational Technology teams to develop performance tracking of maintenance activities
- Work with Hardware & Engineering teams to make assets more theft resistant while improving customer experience
- Develop & monitor key performance indicators for station hardware maintenance, including, but not limited to: maximizing station uptime, minimizing response times to resolve damage & problems, & compliance with routine maintenance
- 5+ years in an operations role
- 1-2 years managing technicians, ideally in a field service role
- Strong background in a field involving electro-mechanical skills & diagnostics
- Experience in field maintenance a plus
- Excited to solve complex & unique problems related to on-street, publically-available hardware in dynamic, urban areas
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Valid passport, with ability to travel to locations in the USA & Canada
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.