As a Lead Software Development Engineer in Test at JW Player, you will have a direct impact on the quality of a video platform that generates billions on video streams a month. You will leverage your excitement about new video technologies by finding ways to test them, as well as help scale our functional & automation testing processes.
This role functions as a key component of JW Players Engineering team & is a driving force behind JW Players distinction as the most powerful video platform on the web.
In this role you will:
- Work closely with product managers & other software engineers to define acceptance criteria & build test plans
- Take an active role in increasing the percentage of automated test coverage
- Execute hands-on functional testing on the JW Platform via direct access to APIs & automated browser testing
- Contribute to developing a test management framework
- Collaborate with other engineers to understand how development changes affect ongoing automation efforts
- Work as part of a team in an agile environment
- Champion education of quality assurance practices to the team
- Participate in bi-annual company-wide hackathons
- 4+ years relevant test automation/software development experience
- Experience using versioning (e.g. Git, SVN, etc)
- Proven automation experience with Selenium or similar tools
- Able to perform root cause analysis of bugs & defects
- Hands-on CI/CD scripting/troubleshooting experience with tools like Jenkins or Travis
- Skilled in analyzing feature requests/requirements
- Able to identify potential gaps in testing
- Familiarity with BDD style testing
- Experience analyzing test reports for production releases
- Youve successfully implemented new testing/automation tools & processes
- Youve implemented & maintained automated tests using tools such as Appium & WebdriverIO
- Youve held a developer role in the past
- Experience leading an engineering team with 2+ members
- Comfortable multi-tasking
- Knowledge of video encoding, ad networks, content management platforms, and/or video streaming protocols
- Experience with Cucumber
About JW Player
JW Player pioneered video on the web over a decade ago & continues to innovate as the worlds largest network-independent platform for video delivery & intelligence. Media companies including Fox, VICE, Business Insider, & Univision, in addition to hundreds of thousands of creators of all types & sizes, rely on JW Player to deliver & monetize their content across all devices. JW Players massive global footprint of over 2 billion unique devices creates a powerful data graph of unique consumer insights & generates billions of incremental video views. The company is headquartered in New York, with offices in London & Eindhoven, & was named to Deloittes Technology Fast 500 in 2017. For more information, visit http://www.jwplayer.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.