We're seeking an Account Director to join our New Markets team. The Account Director will report directly to the Senior Director of New Markets.
What You'll Do:
In this role, you will be responsible for developing business relationships & driving revenue in alignment with the company growth strategy. We need someone that can effectively engage with our clients & build meaningful relationships in multiple markets simultaneously.
- Cultivate & grow prospective clients & referral partners in each new market from pre-lease execution through property/market opening.
- Attend trade shows, receptions, & informational sessions to prospect for new business
- Proactively solicit new business & educate the market on Convene & our offerings
- Rapidly respond to all client inquiries & other communications
- Generate BUILD Leads for properties in other regions
- Train & Mentor members of the local sales team as they are hired & assist them with their growth & production.
- Transition local account relationships & developed Account Plans created in pre-opening to the local team for continued growth.
- Conduct & coordinate thorough site inspections, client appointments, & menu tastings
- Generate contracts to client specifications while adhering to internal pricing guidelines
- Maintain extensive knowledge of Convene space including but not limited to capacity charts, zone selling, & package pricing
- Maintain thorough knowledge of competitive set through bi-annual site inspections & relationships with counterparts
- Speak the company language
- Join at least one professional organization & hold a leadership position
- Reach & exceed budgeted goals per month & year
- Travel 2-3 weeks, per month, to new markets to build local presence, create relationships with vendors, CVB partners, hotel referrals & clients through site & office visits, lunch & learns, entertainment, & hard hat tours.
What we look for:
- 5+ years Hospitality Sales experience in the local market
- College Degree preferred
- Ability to build client deck quickly, maximize account revenue, & work effectively with clients while pivoting between multiple markets & projects.
- Coach Centric approach to team leadership
Who We Are:
Convene designs & services premium places to work, meet, & host inspiring events. Through strategic partnerships with prominent commercial landlords, Convene operates a network of hospitality-driven locations in Class A office buildings across major cities. Convene has raised $260M in equity funding to date, & has been named one of Americas 100 Most Promising Companies by Forbes & a Best Workplace by both & Fortune Magazine.
For more information: Take a peek into Convenes NYC headquarters & learn more about our award-winning culture in NASDAQs Cultural Capital web series, take a tour of our largest location, & read a case study on how Convene has reinvented commercial real estate.
- Certified Great Place to Work 2017-2020
- 2019 Fortune Magazine #7 Best Workplace in New York
- One of Magazines Best Workplaces 2018
- 2018 Fortune Magazine Best Small & Medium Workplaces U.S.
- 2017 Fortune Magazine #11 Best Workplace in New York
- One of LinkedIns Most In-Demand Startups
- One of Forbes Most Promising Companies
- One of Crains New York Fastest Growing Companies
Were Here For You
At Convene, youll receive
- Excellent health coverage for you & your family
- Medical & insurance navigation support
- Generous paid time off, including an extra day off during the month of your birthday
- 401K match
- Discounts on phone plans & gym memberships
- Professional development support
- Access to healthy meals & snacks at work
Convene is committed to building an inclusive & diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer & welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities & perspectives.