Hi, we're Oscar. We're hiring a Credentialing Analyst to join our Insurance Operations team in our New York City office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
As an Operations Analyst on the Credentialing team, you will help run & refine Oscar's ongoing credentialing processes to ensure we are maintaining an outstanding network, up to & including, direct interaction with compliance, legal & regulatory affairs. Credentialing is a extremely regulated function & is an important process that impacts many teams across Oscar. Your will interpret regulatory, accreditation & industry standards on credentialing, represent that in process & audits with internal & external parties.
You will report to the Manager, Insurance Operations.
- You will build workflows & tools that increase efficacy & efficiency of existing operational processes or unlock new capabilities
- You will surface data, process, & technology issues through identification, measurement, & monitoring of our operations
- You will monitor & use data to independently drive & track business decisions
- You will create workflow documentation, SOPs & policies
- You will use internal tools & technical processes to complete database queries & dashboard creation
- You will support the Operations teams to resolve escalations through issue investigation, training, & technical tooling.
- You will understand relevant policies & workflows
- You will maintain relationships with relevant partners as a representative of Insurance Operations
- 1+ years of work experience in health insurance, utilization management, or operations
- Proficiency in SQL or similar database language experience
- Experience supporting process / workflow building, operational improvement, or project management
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Prior work experience in tech, healthcare, audit, or management consulting
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicant's disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.