The Partner Programs & Operations team is tasked with growing & enabling our partner ecosystem. Our team is responsible for the support of partners throughout their partnership lifecycle: from partnership qualification & program on-boarding to accessing program entitlements, driving enablement, & helping partners build their Appian business.
The Partner Operations team serves as a resource for Appian partner managers & partner organizations, responding to questions about the Appian Partner Program, required legal agreements, access to the Partner Community Portal & associated tools & resources, partners program compliance status & performance. This team also manages the backend systems & processes that support partner engagement; & ensures that data regarding the partner ecosystem is accurate & provides a holistic view for Appian leadership on the status & health of Appians partner community.
We are currently looking for a Channel Operations Manager to focus on growing revenue by optimizing programs, streamlining processes, & driving enablement focused on Appians reseller partners. Day to day responsibilities include the creation, execution, measurement, & evaluation of new channel partner programs to support scale & revenue acceleration with partners, as well as programs & promotions to recruit new reseller partners & VARs to expand Appians global coverage.
You Will Make an Impact By:
- Defining a reseller channel partner profile & campaigns to assist with identifying & recruiting qualified partners
- Assessing & rationalizing the current portfolio of Appian partner programs for channel partners.
- Developing programs focused on enabling partners who sell & deliver Appian solutions into the mid-enterprise & SMB market space
- Defining pricing models for reseller partners in specific market segments, emerging markets or regions
- Working with internal teams (legal, Appian Business Applications/IT, finance) to develop QTO process for channel
- Driving the enablement & skill development of our reseller partner community.
- Managing the communication strategy, process, & tools focused on increasing reseller performance.
- Implementing & managing reporting tools to enable our partner managers.
- Optimizing & streamlining global partner processes & procedures.
- Defining, implementing, & managing channel incentives & lead sharing programs.
- Develop a channel strategy that focuses on recruiting new partners & growing indirect sales revenue
- Work cross-functionally with marketing, products & solutions, legal, finance, & other stakeholders to regionalize & implement channel programs to ensure alignment across the business globally
- Communicate channel program updates to partners & internally to drive sales engagement with partners
- Advocate & drive the development, management, & evolution of a partner portal to create an engaging platform for partners to interact with Appian (deal registration, tracking, information sharing, collateral, training, sales incentives, etc.)
- Define tools & resources required to enable channel sales process from pipeline generation to configuring, quoting & booking sales
- Track sales pipeline & bookings against quota & other metrics
- Work with Sales Operations/IT teams to implement partner strategy, data/reporting, workflows, & other operational governance for the program
- Manage & administer partner agreements & contracts
- Works with partners directly to solicit feedback on existing programs/processes & implement changes
- Tracks channel program competencies & gaps, all in support of growing education, awareness, excitement & participation among the partner community
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent relevant experience in channel program development and/or channel sales management
- Excellent problem solving, organizational skills, oral/written & presentation skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- Strong communication & relationship skills, with the ability to effectively navigate & mediate conflict
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams (including, but not limited to Sales, Operations, Support, Developers, Program Managers, Attorneys, & Senior Leadership).
- Experience working with channel partners, preferably in Partner Operations or Sales Operations role a plus.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Comfortable with sales data & reporting tools either through the CRM or external reporting.
- Business Applications include G-Suite: Google cloud productivity & collaboration tools, Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint), Salesforce & Appian Business Applications.
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. We help you automate & transform your business by creating new apps from scratch, or by connecting & enhancing legacy applications all up to 20X faster than traditional development. With Appian, you get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted & unified cloud platform.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.