This role is located in our Tribeca office in Manhattan.
Since 2017, BlockFi has been building the bridge between traditional finance & crypto. We believe that in order for blockchain technology to scale, the new technology must work with the existing financial system & regulatory structure.
In the two years we've been around, we've raised over $55MM in debt & equity financing & launched two products: USD loans backed by crypto & interest accounts for crypto. We're on the brink of raising our Series A, & we're looking for a dynamic, driven startup professional to help build out our compliance program.
If youd be interested in helping to scale BlockFi by building out its AML compliance & surveillance program, we want to hear from you.
- Own & continue to build out & enhance BlockFis world-class KYC/AML program
- Review red flags & perform enhanced due diligence where necessary
- Leverage third party vendor tools to investigate suspicious transactions
- Collaborate with customer service team to streamline customer onboarding process
- Set up surveillance & compliance monitoring for upcoming trading product
- Participate in updating AML policies & procedures when appropriate
- Draft & file SARs
You will know we are looking for you, if you have:
- At least a year in an AML compliance role, preferably at a fintech company (bonus points for crypto)
- Ability to develop, create & improve systems, structures, & processes
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Experience with blockchain forensic tools (e.g. Ciphertrace, Chainalysis) a plus
- Attention to detail & the ability to prioritize, organize, & operate in a fast moving environment
* Competitive compensation
* Full Benefits - health, vision, & dental, 401(k)
* Company lunch on Fridays