Pure Storage Acquired Portworx in October 2020, Creating the Industry's Most Complete Kubernetes Data Services Platform for Cloud Native Applications. This acquisition represents Pures largest to date & our deeper expansion into the fast-growing market for multi-cloud data services to support Kubernetes & containers.
Press Release - September 16, 2020
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, & our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence & advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, & self-driving carsall of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pures technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
Weve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, & as we continue to gobble up market share, were blazing trails & setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays & in 2019, Gartner named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Primary Storage.
- Our customer-first culture & unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a 2019 Medallia Net Promoter Score, certified by Owen CX, in the top 1% of B2B companies.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say bring it on to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE...
Pure Storage is actively seeking a Customer Success Manager (CSM) to drive customer satisfaction, strengthen customer relationships & build trusted advisor relationships by personalizing their customers Pure Storage / Portworx experience.
This role includes responsibilities for Customer Success activities which include on-boarding, support, services, adoption, training, advocacy, retention, etc. & outcomes renewals, up-sell, cross-sell, reference-ability, customer satisfaction, adoption, consumption, customer engagement, etc.
You will be the customer advocate, trusted advisor & Storage subject matter expert by bridging communication & effort into the various business functions (Engineering, Product Management, Finance, Marketing, Support, Sales, Executive Leadership).
By engaging with customers, Pure Partners & Distributors & internal stakeholders to align Pure Storage / Portworx technology with business & technical needs, you will provide enterprise-level, white-glove service & support to ensure successful deployment, delivery & value realization of the Pure Storage / Portworx licenses. You will be responsible for defining key metrics for success & building the processes, systems, programs, & tools to ensure that we deliver customer growth.
You will have a deep understanding of customers business challenges & objectives as well as their technical environment, in order to deliver effective solutions to both technical & non-technical end-users while also supporting a wide range of technologies & cloud deployments.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop a deep (and technical) understanding of a customers business priorities, operational model/objectives, data center environment, data center architecture/roadmap, implementations, business priorities & IT initiatives
- Establish, own & drive strategic, operational, risk & growth management reviews as they relate to hardware / service delivery, deployments, migrations, capacity planning & expansions
- Own the overall post-sales service delivery relationship with key customers with complete responsibility for total customer experience within your accounts. You will be required to own & drive service value delivery, issues management, escalations & resolution
- Deliver monthly & quarterly business reviews to align business & technical goals across multiple stakeholders e.g. customers, partners, GSIs & multiple functions across Pure Storage
- Act as a customer advocate & conduit into various internal cross-functional teams, including Sales, Support, Engineering, Product Management & Executive leadership
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor, advocate & subject matter expert to support the Pure Storage / Portworx programs internally & externally
- Must be able to exercise excellent judgment in a high-performing, high-growth environment while paying extremely close attention to detail & keeping the bigger picture in view
- Develop a deep understanding & knowledge of Pures products & services
- Participate in Executive Briefing Committee discussions, Sales Account Strategy & Growth planning, Technical & Support troubleshooting & triaging.
- Up to 25% travel to visit Customers as needed
WHAT YOULL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE...
- 3 - 5+ years experience in customer-facing, relationship management role. Prior experience in TAM, CSM, Professional Services, Support & Sales Engineer (or similar) roles preferred
- 2 - 5+ years experience working with container orchestration technology in an enterprise environment
- Must be located in the US region & within a reasonable radius to support regular (on-site) customer visits as needed
- Excellent communication, project management, presentation, & problem-solving skills required with the ability to build trusted partner relationships with premier Enterprise, Public Sector, Healthcare & Financial Services Industry customers. Ability to scale from technical engagements & guidance to mid-level IT management interaction.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Support, Engineering, Product Management, & Consulting Services.
- Ability to manage multiple projects & tasks, determining project urgency & execute detailed action plans in collaboration with customers & stakeholders
- Written & verbal communication skills; including the ability to clearly articulate technical issues to both technical & non-technical audiences, & also explain the impact in business terms, reports & presentations to executives within Pure & customer organization
- Demonstrated ability to handle critical issues, drive discussion & present internal & customer issues at the executive level
- Willingness & ability to travel (occasionally at short notice), provide after hours & weekend on-call support as needed to support maintenance activities
- Ability to adapt to, define & influence within a new business line where policies, process & operations are in early stages of development
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent technical experience is required
- Good technical knowledge of VMware, Linux, Kubernetes, Google Cloud Platform, AWS & AZure.
- Broad understanding of the cloud native landscape, current CNCF projects & popular applications/use cases met by this architecture
- Ability to seek & identify new use cases which could benefit from cloud native architecture
- Ability to run technical demonstration sessions of newly released features which could benefit specific accounts
Nice to Have Skills
- Deep (and technical) understanding of data center infrastructure virtualization, compute, storage, networking, converged infrastructure, distributed file systems, DR/HA, security - & workloads such as VDI & enterprise apps.
- Project Management and/or service delivery qualifications (such as PRINCE2 or ITIL)
- Experience deploying & managing production Kubernetes applications in enterprise environments
- Understanding of how to architect stateful applications within container orchestration systems
- Experience with managed kubernetes offerings such as GKE, EKS, AKS.
BE YOUCORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, & make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice & can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts & celebrate individuality, & with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, & expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal & professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local & global communities through volunteering & grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full & best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, & company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
APPLICANT & CANDIDATE PERSONAL INFORMATION PRIVACY NOTICE.
If you're wondering how or why Pure collects or uses information you provide, we invite you to check out our Applicant & Candidate Personal Information Protection Notice.
DEEMED EXPORT LICENSE NOTICE.
Some positions may require a deemed export license for compliance with applicable laws & regulations. Please note: Pure does not currently sponsor deemed export license applications so we are unable to proceed with applicants requiring stated sponsorship.