What is BlockFi?
BlockFis mission is to provide liquidity, transparency & efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers & corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance & digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
About the Team & Role
We are seeking a highly motivated team player to join BlockFi's Enterprise Risk team as a Risk Transformation Manager. In this role, you will report directly to the Director of Enterprise Risk & be accountable for leading the Risk functions transformation program, a portfolio of projects to develop & refine the companys risk management capabilities. You will be expected to quickly gain an understanding of the firm's products, policies, vendors, & business lines.
- Lead business analysis & project management activities across a portfolio of interrelated projects to develop & refine the companys financial & non-financial risk management capabilities, & satisfy regulatory requirements.
- Work with individual project managers & engage tactically in specific areas as needed to resolve day-to-day issues & challenges.
- Build strong, effective, & collaborative partnerships across multiple cross-functional teams. Influence without direct authority to achieve mutual goals.
- Regularly engage with senior stakeholders to report on progress, identifying obstacles, bottlenecks & critical dependencies. Demonstrate judgment in escalating issues to senior management as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of the regulatory rulemaking process & collaborate on the design of projects to achieve compliance with related requirements.
- Support the drafting & vetting of policies & procedures documentation.
- 4+ years of experience in senior project management, successfully delivering on projects & managing scope, assumptions, risks & issues across dependent functional groups. Deep understanding of PMO processes, standards & governance. PMP certification preferred.
- Consulting or practitioner experience in capital markets, banking, or FinTech settings. Prime brokerage consulting or practitioner experience preferred.
- General knowledge of financial & non-financial risk management general theory & practice.
- Deep understanding of IT development, production, & business process management.
- Expertise in data analyses across various data types (e.g. account data, position data, time-series data, etc.), & understanding of data governance theory. Ability to partner with data governance SMEs on the design & implementation of refinements to data architecture & data quality.
- Familiarity with compliance & control testing in financial institutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills & a naturally collaborative working style.
- Ability & temperament to manage through ambiguity & evolving requirements & imperatives.
- Excellent analytical skills, particularly the ability to identify themes & root causes underlying observed facts, spot patterns & trends, & avoid spurious data & relationships
- Ability to plan, prioritize & set tangible goals; resourcefulness in navigating past obstacles.
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal.
- Solid attention to detail & comfort with working with large amounts of data.
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus.
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. From raising over $100MM in debt & equity capital to helping thousands of clients (and growing!) do more with their crypto assets, we have established a dominant position as the debt & credit crypto market leader in the U.S. As we expand our product suite & geographic footprint, our addressable market will grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services & banking world, & we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth & expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto & are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans & the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets & regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $4.3MM of seed funding & $50MM in capital for funding loans
- $100 MM of Series A, B, & C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, & Morgan Creek
- We are moving quickly & have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute & capture customer demand
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited vacation / sick days
- Employer paid health coverage (vision, dental, 401K)
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Work alongside an enthusiastic, collegial, & driven team in a highly meritocratic environment
To read more about our mission & values, check out our company website.
Above all, you should enjoy the journey. We, at BlockFi, genuinely like each other & enjoy the work we do - so should you!