Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving 10 million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers, including New York City, Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Dallas, & Nashville. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, & go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, & college readiness, & then coordinate action to support each child. Panoramas platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each childs success in school & in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, & family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, SoftTech, & Mark Zuckerberg.
About the Role:
Great design is central to Panorama Education's product & mission. We want our product to both delight teachers & educators across the country & to help them drive action to improve outcomes for their students. At Panorama, you will be working side-by-side with folks from many backgrounds & experiences: engineers, former teachers, product managers, education researchers, client account managers, & more. We believe that this diversity of experiences leads to better product design & therefore better outcomes for the students we serve.
As a Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process: talking to educators to understand their needs, working with the team to define the scope of a given project, collaborating side-by-side with engineers to ensure quality in execution, & digging into usage analytics to understand how people actually use the product.
In this role, you will:
- Partner closely with product managers, engineers, client success, researchers, & other designers to define & deliver high quality user experiences as one team
- Translate user needs into compelling & practical workflows & solutions
- Create design deliverables from low-fidelity sketches to high-fidelity mockups
- Participate in design critiques & reviews with the design team & other stakeholders
- Deeply understand our users needs through a variety of user research activities. Youll talk to educators, attend workshops we offer to clients, listen in on client success & sales calls, & more
This role is for you if:
- You have 2+ years of experience delivering & shipping great design solutions for software or applications, & iterating over time
- Youre a team player & thrive working alongside others
- You have a high bar for qualityyou sweat the details & take pride in your work
- You enjoy solving problems with a user-centered approach
- Youre able to present & articulate ideas & solutions effectively, & embrace both giving & receiving feedback
- You are curious, love to learn, & recognize the importance of dedicating time to grow your skills as a designer
- Youre excited about the impact your work will have on our mission to improve student outcomes
Please provide a link to your portfolio that highlights your past work & design process.
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse & inclusive company because we serve students, educators & families from tremendously diverse backgrounds & identities across the country; weve seen how our product & impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, & we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other.