As the leading independent modern media company, Vox Media ignites conversations & influences culture. Across digital, podcasts, TV, streaming, live events, & print, we tell stories that affect our audience's daily lives & entertain as much as they inform. Vox Media has been named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in Media, an Company of the Year, Digidays Best Company for Parents, & one of the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality by the Human Rights Campaign.
New York Magazines growing audio division is looking for a Producer to work on Pivot with Kara Swisher & Scott Galloway. The show is evolving into a multi-media model, with forays into video & live events. We need an enthusiastic & organized assistant producer who is comfortable in both audio & video worlds. You should be familiar with Pivot & its hosts. Looking for news junkies who follow politics, the tech sector, finance, & business worlds.
The Producer will be assisting in day-to-day production, including research, setting up interviews, maintaining production schedules, helping with show promotion, & more. But youll also own longer term projects, such as archive maintenance & gathering assets for special episodes & events.
What youll do:
- Pitch ideas for the show
- Provide research to hosts, including talking points, recent headlines, & background information
- Assist with guest booking, including outreach, appearance coordination, & gathering promotional assets
- Technical operations for tapings (audio checks, running Squadcast, preparing sessions for edit)
- Work with producer edits
- Source images, audio, & video
- Coordinate promotional assets with marketing & social media teams
- Maintain & organize show assets, including guest information, transcripts, & listener mail
What youll bring:
- At least one year of production experience, ideally within audio or video
- Familiarity with & enthusiasm for Pivot
- Comfort working in ProTools or other DAWs & a desire to grow production skills
- An eye for detail & organization
- Experience researching topics
- Understanding of Adobe Premiere or similar video editing software
About working at Vox Media:
This is a 3-month, temporary position with the opportunity to go full-time. Vox Media strives to provide comprehensive healthcare options for our employees & to ensure that our healthcare & other benefits are LGBTQ-inclusive. You'll be joining a group of focused, hard-working, creative people who are passionate about doing work that's challenging & funand who strive to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.