Phreesia is looking for a Lead Data Engineer who is passionate about the software engineering side of Data Science to join our Data Science Team; someone familiar with building production tooling to support the entire data journey, from data extraction & transformation to deploying & validating machine learning models. This Lead Data Engineering role will have a tremendous impact on the next generation data infrastructure of our Life Sciences Department.
You will work mainly with data scientists to build software & improve workflows but will also collaborate with data engineering. You will design our data infrastructure & use it to develop extensible analytics pipelines, tools and visualizations for our Data Science products. Some of the primary upcoming initiatives include developing a distributed computing infrastructure, arming Data Science with cloud service capabilities as well as supporting the next generation of predictive modeling & forecasting tools.
- Monitor, maintain & administrate existing ETLs in SSIS that supply critical information to the team
- Build fault-tolerant, scalable batch & real-time distributed data processing
- Design & configure on-premise hosted & cloud-based services
- Develop technology to more efficiently & effectively curate large amounts of unstructured data
- Tool our systems for observability, including logging, metrics monitoring, & dashboarding
- Build data pipelines to make key datasets available to both data scientists & analysts throughout the company
- Design, develop, refactor, package, harden, & deploy software products
- Guide the data science teams adoption of new software & frameworks
- 5+ years of experience building data ingestion infrastructure
- 2+ years of experience building robust data models
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with moving targets & changing priorities
- Strong production SQL skills & direct experience with SSIS
- Experience working in a data science team with a strong engineering culture
- Have taken a leading role in delivering complex software systems all the way from design to production
- Experience with Spark/PySpark other streaming data pipelines
- Experience managing data ingestion from a variety of sources including SQL, NoSQL, streams, & external APIs
- Experience with web development, Docker, source control, machine learning, and data science toolsets
- Experience with cloud service providers such as AWS, GCP or Azure
- BS or higher in computer science or related discipline
- 1+ years of managerial experience, preferably managing data engineers
- Familiarity with Apache Airflow or similar workflow orchestration platforms
- Hands-on experience & understanding of Graph and/or search Databases
- Healthcare experience & a basic understanding of clinical terms is a plus
- Experience working as a full stack software engineer is a plus
Who We Are:
At Phreesia, were committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscapeand we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing & enhance clinical care. Our solutions are in all 50 states, & we check in 70 million patients a year!
Basically, what you are doing here matters & hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesia care about our clients we also care about our employees. We are proud to say that we have grown 40% each year & consistently continue to do so. If you crave working with driven & engaged colleagues, a structured sales process, consistent recognition, defined career path, & enjoy working in revamped new areas, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/vision coverage, & short/long-term & life insurance plan
- 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Unlimited snacks & drinks in our offices
- Mobile phone stipends, monthly subway pass reimbursement & internet reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada
- Tuition & certification reimbursement as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse & inclusive environment & are an equal opportunity employer.
Be sure to check out our Instagram @PhreesiaCareers & Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/PhreesiaCareers/