Grammarly is continuing to grow our team during the COVID-19 pandemic, conducting fully remote hiring & onboarding processes. All Grammarly team members can work remotely until September 2021. Read more about how were supporting our team & communities.
Grammarly empowers people to thrive & connect, whenever & wherever they communicate. Every day, 30 million people & 30,000 teams around the world use our AI-powered writing assistant. All of this begins with our team collaborating in a values-driven & learning-oriented environment.
To achieve our ambitious goals, were looking for a Legal Analyst to join our Legal team. Under the supervision of our attorneys, this individual will help us counsel cutting-edge legal issues, help build a world-class legal infrastructure, negotiate important commercial agreements, & collaborate closely with our customers & partners. This role will be critical to building out Grammarlys Legal team. The Legal Analyst will also have opportunities to work cross-functionally with our Sales, Communications, Marketing, Customer Success, & Product teams.
As a Legal Analyst, you will take on crucial tasks under attorney supervision & manage exciting projects with accuracy & ownership, all while gaining practical experience in the intersection of law, business, & technology. As a foundational member of the Grammarly Legal team, you will also help develop the teams culture through exemplary care for others & a strong commitment to finding creative solutions to complex questions.
- Within your first 30 days, you will onboard to the Grammarly Legal team & focus on understanding our team & our product. You will solve interesting legal & business questions & be involved in at least one sales cycle for Grammarly Business, our product offering that supports businesses, enterprises, & other professional teams.
- By month three, you will manage a cross-functional legal project, help negotiate important commercial agreements, & help us interview candidates as we grow our Legal team.
- By month six, you will be negotiating standard commercial agreements under attorney supervision & creating a scalable legal process for an internal team.
- By year one, you will successfully be able to help the Legal team achieve its goals on a regular basis, & delight internal clients with excellent work.
Were looking for someone who
- Embodies our EAGER valuesis ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, & remarkable.
- Displays extraordinary organizational skills, time management, & attention to detail.
- Maintains a collaborative, team-first mindset.
- Communicates excellently.
- Loves to solve challenges with creative solutions.
- Has great enthusiasm & passion for law, technology, & business.
Support for you, professionally & personally
- Professional growth: We hire people we trust, & we give team members autonomy to do their best work. We also support professional development with training, coaching, & regular feedback.
- A connected team: Grammarly builds a product that helps people connect, & we apply this mindset to our own team. We have a highly collaborative culture supported by our EAGER values. We also take time to celebrate our colleagues & accomplishments with global, local, & team-specific events & programs.
- Comprehensive benefits: Grammarly offers all team members competitive pay along with a benefits package that includes superior health care. We also offer ample & defined time off, catered lunches, gym & recreation stipends, admission discounts, & more.
We encourage you to apply
At Grammarly, we value our differences, & we encourage allespecially those whose identities are traditionally underrepresented in tech organizationsto apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Grammarly will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. Grammarly is an equal opportunity employer & participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program.