Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Over 1,000 clientsincluding more than 50% of the Fortune 100choose Foursquare.
Foursquares toolkit includes Placed powered by Foursquare, Audiences powered by Factual & Proximity powered by Factual, Analytics Solutions, Places, Pilgrim SDK & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to measure foot traffic lift via multi-touch attribution; deliver proximity-based advertising; analyze & identify trends; drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 200,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Twitter & Uber; & optimize advertising campaigns across hundreds of audiences. Over 14 billion consumer-verified place visit confirmations help us keep our map & models fresh & up-to-date.
Foursquare has more than 350+ employees based in New York headquarters with offices in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago & Singapore. In 2019 Foursquare acquired Placed from Snap Inc, & then in 2020 merged with Factual. Foursquare is proud to be funded by The Raine Group, Simon Ventures, Naver, Union Square Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz, DFJ Growth, Morgan Stanley Alternative Investment Partners & more.
About the Role:
Foursquare is seeking a Content Communications Manager to join Foursquares communications team. Our comms team drives Foursquares story in a compelling & differentiated way to create market-leading brand perceptions, continue to clarify our evolution into a location technology platform & be a leading voice that represents the future of location. We are looking for an individual who has curiosity, creativity & excitement to help extend Foursquares brand & narrative through creative storytelling & external thought leadership.
In this role, you will create, manage, advise & develop content that will be used to drive external conversations with customers, partners, media & other external audiences while enforcing a consistent brand voice. You will be responsible for providing high-quality written content with the ability to break down complex & nuanced tech topics into easy-to-understand, meaningful point of views for a broad audience.
Youre a creative storyteller & a dynamic self-starter. Youre not afraid to ask questions (especially the tough ones) & you thrive in a fast-paced environment, uncovering important details found within the organization to communicate to an external audience. You value collaboration, diversity, attention to detail, look-forward-not-backward attitude & the adaptability to take on the unexpected.
- Develop & manage an editorial calendar that helps communicate Foursquares brand & narrative
- Develop an internal governance process that organizes various internal stakeholders & contributors (including executive & senior team members) who contribute to the variety of content communications you will drive.
- Research, write, edit & execute a variety of creative content (e.g. blog posts, product announcements, partner announcements, social, thought leadership pieces, webinars, email marketing, etc.) that communicates Foursquares position as the leading independent location tech platform.
- Collaborate with various stakeholders across the company, including marketing, designers, product leads, sales partners & executives to create content that embodies our brand, provides value to our community & aligns with our larger business goals.
- Partner with content contributors to ensure content is timely, accurate, clear & digestible.
- Support external communications via media relations
- 5+ years of experience in journalism, content marketing, B2B communications and/or corporate communications, or a related field, ideally for or at a technology company or previously at a digital media or publishing company who covered technology
- Exceptional writing, copywriting & editing skills, with the ability to distill complex technical & business concepts into succinct, user-friendly communications.
- Experience developing & implementing content curation, intake, & editorial review workflows.
- Experience managing basic social media platforms (Twitter & LinkedIn) to create shareable content for employees
- Prioritizes excellent verbal & written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Have experience working with executive & senior leadership & maintaining positive working relationships across levels & disciplines
- You seek feedback as opportunities for growth & development
- You understand how to move quickly as a self-starter & present solutions tactically when faced with challenges
- You possess a journalistic eye & process to evaluate what makes a story a story
- Youre excited to be part of a growing business that comes from an illustrative history but an even more illustrative future
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.