Product Manager - Account Security
Booking.com is a global organization who makes the best trip experiences possible for everyone. When we think about the trip, there is a suite of products which cover everything from discovering unique experiences to making them happen ( accommodation, transport, food, attractions, etc.). A central concept which enables these global experiences to happen is the customer & partner account, attacks on these accounts present a daily risk.
As a Product Manager Account Security, you will participate in the defense of one of the world's leading e-commerce organizations, their customers & their partners.
Youre ultimately responsible for driving the vision of how we secure our customer & partner accounts & how we drive & implement security controls with minimal friction.
In this role, you work closely with your team & empower them to develop & improve Booking.coms customer & partner account security posture. You prioritize work by looking at the threats & attacker techniques; the new products & initiatives implemented across the business. You work closely with the Identity & Access Management team, fraud teams, the security operational teams & other business teams including but not limited to Legal, Risk & Compliance, & product, incorporating their feedback to deliver a secure & frictionless user experience.
You have a solid understanding of concepts relating to the accounts & security landscape within the scope of prevention, detection & response (e.g. access control, verification, credential stuffing, phishing, account takeover) as well as experience assessing priority & impact of solutions based on risk.
You're a team player, with a bottom-up approach to developing concepts & products & have experience in working with teams of engineers. You are good at managing various aspects of a complex project rollout & working with various stakeholders in ensuring successful delivery. Youre creative, & always ready to adjust your strategy based on the evolution of account security threats & business strategy.
If you bring that unique combination of skills & want to help protect the worlds leading online travel agency, dont hesitate to apply!
- Own the long-term vision of account security at Booking.com, inspire the team to achieve the vision by sharing your message effectively.
- Engage with customers, partners & internal stakeholders.
- Guide the development of security solutions, innovate, & think outside of the box
- Use data (threat analysis, threat intelligence, incidents & testing) to make informed decisions about what the team should work on next, analyze how it is implemented & what the results are.
- Develop & prioritize the backlog
- Because your opinion is data-driven, you will define key business & success metrics, track them, & improve upon them.
- Empower & collaborate with your team to unlock their full potential.
Who you are:
Be humble. Be yourself.
- Data-driven. Base your decisions on facts rather than opinions.
- A go-getter who isnt afraid to get their hands dirty & dives into a project to achieve success by problem-solving.
- Open-minded team player with excellent communication skills.
- Agile & innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated & results-driven with a take-charge attitude to manage the full development cycle of new features.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, & motivational to others. Open to diversity in all shapes & sizes.
- A user-focused individual who keeps the customer at the heart of everything we do, while having strong commercial awareness.
- 3+ years experience as a Product Manager / Owner
- Experience working with teams of engineers & security analysts
- Experience using data to make informed decisions & the ability to formulate & interpret meaningful business metrics
- Strong communication & presentation skills, the ability to summarize complex & technical topics to a wide range of audiences.
- Experience with using kill-chains, attack path mapping & security frameworks (E.g. NIST)
- Fluent in English, both spoken & written.
- (Preferred) Experience with working in an Agile/Scrum team
- (Preferred) Knowledge around using machine learning to combat Account Takeover / Fraud
Whats in it for you?
The Product Manager position is open to candidates worldwide. We provide assistance for you & your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working & living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement & lucrative compensation, including bonuses & stock potential.
- Training, regular hackathons & opportunities to travel & attend global conferences.
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the Booking Deal including other perks & benefits.
- Company-sponsored family & social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other & Dutch culture.
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
Keywords: Product Manager Security, Product Owner, Identity & Access Management, IAM, User accounts, 2FA, Account Takeover, OWASP, Customer Fraud, Phishing, Credential stuffing, Fraud