At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is hiring an experienced social media strategist & community management expert to own the strategy & day-to-day operations of our social listening & engagement efforts for TBS (Lyft Bikes & Scooters).
This is an incredibly strategic role & will require a leader who has strong alignment with Lyfts values & has a passion for the transportation/bikeshare/scooter economy with a deep understanding of the value it plays in city-living life. You need to believe in it & champion it while at the same time approaching conversations with our community through Lyfts irreverent & beloved tone of voice.
You know how to leverage tools & partners to listen & engage with the goal of creating authentic community connection. Yes, you nerd out in the numbers & seek to grow the channel in support of business objectives, but you also have your finger on the pulse of pop culture & cities most important conversations.
Reporting to Director, Social Media & based out of Lyfts New York office, you will serve as the day-to-day operational lead.
- Become an expert in understanding what works for bikeshare/scooter users & its community, making sure that the content we develop has the greatest impact & relevance to the audience
- Own the social media content calendar. You will lead strategy behind post ideas, themes, & real-time opportunities for the Lyft Citi Bike channels, & all of our top sister bikeshare/scooter systems (Divvy Bikes, Bay Wheels etc)
- Schedule & publish all posts on owned social media accounts, acting as the last check (copy editing & proofreading) & demonstrating good judgment social voice of our brand
- Analysis of cultural, community, media, & market trends to inform strategic & creative development for content. Identify & report on community trends to advise on potential opportunities or risks through social listening & monitoring
- Partner with our customer engagement/support teams to engage followers in one-on-one interactions or to alert followers of
- Vet inbound influencer & User Generated Content (UGC) opportunities & potential
- Spearhead the development of an ongoing social media report, social media listening, & creative analysis.
- 5+ years experience in social media management, with expertise in the social landscape in order to inform strategy, creative, & campaign execution
- Excellent knowledge of major social networks; Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube. Base knowledge of emerging platforms like TikTok.
- Proficiency in third-party social media tools (i.e. Sprinklr, Netbase)
- Understanding of social networks best practices design, functionality, users (best time to post, tagging influencers, character limit)
- Experience working withand guidinga creative team to produce social-first content
- Proven ability to grow a passionate social media community organically with an understanding of the role paid media plays
- Analytical mindset, with the ability to track behavioral trends & understand how to glean insights from campaign-specific data & metrics
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.