Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as a Risk Products Director, we want to hear from you - together, let's make Visa a great place to work.
What's it all about?
Looking to join a world class Innovation & Design team where your work & the solutions you create are seen & used across Europe & globally? Visa is changing how people are using & interfacing with payments & we're looking for a creative technologist to help us shape the future of payments. You'll have a blast creating fun & engaging user experiences, as well as have plenty of ideas about how to deliver these experiences based on your strong skills in both product development & design.
As a Creative Technologist, your role includes incubating ideas & constantly pushing the boundaries of what's possible. This requires a vast knowledge of various technologies, an intuitive understanding of how people interact with it, & the adaptable skills to make stuff quickly. You'll sit within the London Innovation Center, where our team of designers, developers, facilitators & creative strategists work collaboratively to develop new payments experiences from imagination to commercialization.
We want you to make brilliant ideas come to life.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Responsible for the quality & robustness of technical deliverables on each project
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies & identify ways to utilize them
- Demonstrate the value of prototyping as an integral & regular step in the design process of conceptualizing, refining, & finalizing an inventive solution, service or product
- Be a hands-on technology resource, shaping the concept & seeing it through to detailed design & implementation across a variety of devices & platforms
- Be comfortable with driving innovation from a technical point of view, pushing the boundaries of complex services & solutions that are simple, relevant, & human centered
- Be an active member of the design team, contributing to every phase of the project with prototyping, technical innovation, validation, & turning prototypes into reality
- Have an inquisitive interest in the latest development techniques & libraries
- Experience of constructing & developing on a technology stack that meets the needs of rapid prototyping, whilst also serving as the foundation for future development
- Act as a thought leader internally & externally & facilitate innovation workshops with clients & partners
- Take ideas & concepts, & translate them into world class experiences that meet the needs of internal leaders, partners & most of all the customers
- Push creativity, challenge established thinking, & discover new ways of solving a problem
- Contribute & support strategic goals of organization
What we're after...
- Lives, loves, & believes in the transformative power of technology for the good of the world
- High level of experience with native app development for either Android or iOS.
- For Android: Experience with Gradle, Android Studio; Good understanding of manifest: activity, service configuration, intent-filter, permissions & user features; Good understanding of AsynTask, receiving/sending remote/local notification; Good understanding of intent & prioritize tasks
- For iOS: Experience with certification request & maintenance; Familiar with these frameworks, but not limited to: AVFoundation, Security, CoreBluetooth, CoreGraphics, CoreLocation; Good understanding of background tasks, URLSession, URLSessionTask
- Experience with API integration, JSON feed, error/exception handling
- Good understanding of short distance communication protocol, such as Bluetooth, NFC, etc.
- Proactive, enthusiastic & passionate about emerging technologies
- A working & demonstrable understanding of mobile & wearable technologies & web-based APIs
- Deep understanding of platform & device requirements such as form factors, screen resolutions, pixel density & aspect ratios
- Interest in or experience with hardware integration, signal processing
- Experience with rapid prototyping & Agile development methodologies
- Experience with web front-end development & responsive design
- Works well in a fast-paced, fun & creative environment & team
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple stakeholders & mobilise a team / project effectively
- An understanding and/or willingness to learn about & apply Human Centered Design principles to your work
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.