Harrys is a mens grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience, & for guys who know they shouldnt have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value & experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website & select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers & are growing fast. Were now looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online & in stores across the country.
About the Team
The R&D Team at Harrys is responsible for developing & launching all new products in the mens grooming category (razor handles, cartridges, & accessories). As Harrys continues to grow, the team will be the primary driver of innovation to support a challenging & fast-paced product road map driven by category, retail & geography expansion.
About the Role
As a Program Manager on the R&D team, you will be responsible for driving development from concept to customer-ready of the next generation of our core shaving products, technologies & new product lines. You will lead a global, cross-functional team, engaging at the most senior levels of our organization. The role will be based at our headquarters in New York, with domestic & international travel to be expected (up to 40%).
- Lead New Product / Category Launches:
- Scope new product opportunities & build / align on timelines & development plans cross-functionally
- Drive development strategy & communicate updates to cross-functional teams & senior management, while keeping projects on track - balance on the ground execution with strategy-related responsibilities
- Track projects & manage cross-functional project teams (including R&D, supply chain, operations, production, quality, finance, business development, sales & marketing) throughout the end-to-end development process, & ensure on time delivery of high-quality products at scale
- Manage & challenge technical teams (product design engineering, quality, manufacturing) & suppliers through design, prototyping, & development of innovative new products
- Spearhead New Technology Exploration:Drive cross-functional initiatives to define next generation technologies for our core intellectual property across all product categories
- Develop Product Expertise: Own category & develop deep technical knowledge on shaving(and new categories)
The following should describe you:
- A Bachelors degree in engineering (or comparable technical disciplines) with direct engineering experience & 3-6 years as a product manageror in operations
- Direct experience with high volume consumer goods (plastics & metals preferred)
- Experience running projects through a full development cycle (white space, design, prototyping, testing, validation, infrastructure development, ramp-up, etc.)
- Experienced at managing multiple work streams in a fast-paced, challenging environment with the ability to shift priorities quickly
- Prior experience with high travel & managing a global supplier base for development & testing
- Know-how & comfort presenting to senior leadership in a concise & effective manner
- Ability to collaborate & drive cross-functional consensus
- Ability to exercise independent judgment & discretion
- An eagerness to learn & tackle any issue that may arise
- A great attitude & sense of humor
- Proficiency in German and/or Mandarin a plus
Harrys is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds & perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, & do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC & are dedicated to going above & beyond in fostering diversity across our company.