Faire is an online wholesale marketplace built on the belief that the future of retail is local. There are over 1M independent retailers in the U.S. & Canada doing more than twice the revenue of Walmart & Amazon combined. At Faire, we're using the power of technology & data to connect a growing community of over 150,000 brands & independent retailers around the world. Picture your favorite boutique in town we help them discover the best products to sell in their stores. By empowering entrepreneurs with the right tools & insights, we believe that we can level the playing field so that small businesses can compete with big box & e-commerce giants. Were looking for smart, resourceful & passionate people to join us as we power the shop local movement. If you believe in community, come join ours.
About this role
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the early team for Faire Europe. As we expand into Europe, our Brand Success Team is at the forefront of Faires success, ensuring that the best & most relevant Brands are succeeding on our platform. In this role, you are directly contributing to the companys success by ensuring that we optimally service our Brands & the next segment of neighborhood retailers in the U.K. & E.U.
We are looking for a results-oriented sales & account management professional to work with a portfolio of European-based brands. You speak Italian natively & may speak another language fluently. You will be responsible for working with your book of business & hitting sales goals which would include, but are not limited to, ensuring they are utilizing Faires tools, upselling them onto new products & features we are launching, & handling their day-to-day success on Faire.
What youll do
- Develop relationships & find ways for clients goals to align with company goals
- Drive product adoption & engagement amongst your book of business
- Find opportunities & ways for brands to grow the brands client base in both the US & Europe, driving revenue on the platform
- Communicate changes, updates, & product roadmaps to your accounts
- Supervise compliance & handle any issues related to platform abuse
- Synthesize & measure feedback & ideas brought to you from your accounts
- Collaborate cross-functionally to make brands successful (Design, Marketing, Customer Support, Product etc.)
- 1-2 years of experience either in sales/account management/business development
- Fluency in Italian & English (third language preferred)
- Passionate about building relationships, particularly with small businesses
- Enjoys sales & comfortable operating in a quota-based role
- Cares about our customers & making them successful
- Analytical & data driven -- can define critical metrics & measure progress/success for initiatives
- Excited to join the early Europe team & can operate in a fast-growth, high-potential environment with constant change
Why youll love working at Faire
- We are entrepreneurs: Faire is being built for entrepreneurs, by entrepreneurs. We believe entrepreneurship is a calling & our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to chase their dreams. Every member of our team is an owner of the business & taking part in the founding process.
- We are using technology & data to level the playing field: We are leveraging the power of product innovation & machine learning to connect brands & boutiques from all over the world, building a growing community of over 100,000 small business owners.
- We build products our customers love: Everything we do is ultimately in the service of helping our customers grow their business because our goal is to grow the pie - not steal a piece from it. Running a small business is hard work, but using Faire makes it easy.
- We are curious & resourceful: Inquisitive by default, we explore every possibility, test every assumption, & develop creative solutions to the challenges at hand. We lead with curiosity & data in our decision making, & reason from a first principles mentality.
Faire was founded in 2017 by a team of early product & engineering leads from Square. Were backed by some of the top investors in retail & tech including: Y Combinator, Lightspeed Venture Partners, Forerunner Ventures, Khosla Ventures, Sequoia Capital, Founders Fund, & DST Global. We have headquarters in San Francisco & Kitchener-Waterloo, & a global employee presence across offices in Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Toronto, London & Sao Paulo. To learn more about Faire & our customers, you can read more on our blog.
Faire provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.