THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion, always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Blue Aprons Analytics & Business Insights team develops critical metrics & actionable insights on our rapidly expanding customer base & the broader meal kit marketplace. This team also powers business decisions around complex supply chain & logistical challenges.
WHAT'S ON THE MENU
The Senior Data Analyst will drive efforts to iteratively improve Blue Aprons engagement & retention marketing strategies. This will include efforts to size risk & opportunity, diligently test new marketing engagement & loyalty strategies, understand & improve customer retention & churn, create tools & dashboards for business partners, & work directly with senior management to implement new strategies. They will also work closely with our marketplace team to understand & drive adoption of KPIs necessary to improve demand, conversion & AOV.
Candidates will be motivated self-starters who are comfortable navigating large datasets, building and/or interpreting predictive models, partnering with technical teams building digital products, coordinating with internal & external non-technical partners & understanding customer demand signals. They will be intimately familiar with survey & A/B testing methodology & interpretation. They will be comfortable presenting findings through both verbal & written formats. Candidates will feel confident in their abilities to influence decision making at the highest levels, understand requirements in working with cross functional teams, & be confident in presenting to individuals of all levels throughout the company.
Key responsibilities include:
- A/B testing marketing, loyalty, engagement & promotional strategies
- Support company executives in understanding, forecasting, & managing demand in an emerging industry
- Improving Blue Aprons testing environment while supporting an aggressive marketing roadmap
- Translating data into actionable insights
- Identify, prioritize, structure, & analyze ad hoc analyses about the businesss demand, customers, marketing efficacy, & business operations to answer questions & integrate insights into the forecasting process
- Provides customer profiling, segmentation analysis, conversion funnels & drop-off analysis, & engagement analysis.
- Devises, socializes, & garners support for practical & actionable recommendations for optimization
- Strong analytical, organizational, decision making, & presentation skills with experience communicating on an executive level
- A deep understanding of A/B testing methodologies, forecasting, digital marketing, CRMs, & marketing attribution
- Interest & experience in communicating advanced analytics concepts to non-technical executives
- 3+ years of hands-on experience working with very large datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, & data cleansing/transformation
- Experience with predictive modeling & demand forecasting, demonstrating knowledge of multiple statistical methodologies as well as an understanding of financial & operational impacts of the forecast
- Experience with performance and/or digital marketing
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Coding skills, including:
- Advanced data manipulation skills in SQL
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SQL) a plus
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Data visualization (such as Tableau, Looker)
- Demonstrated ability to multitask & prioritize diverse tasks with a proven ability to meet hard deadlines
- Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fast-moving, & constantly evolving environment
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.