Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency & public blockchains for payments, commerce & financial applications worldwide. Circle's platform has supported over 100 million transactions worth tens of billions of dollars, with nearly 10 million retail customers, over a thousand businesses, while storing & securing more than $5 billion in digital currency assets. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which together with Coinbase & the Centre Consortium oversees the standards & protocol for what has become the fastest growing, regulated, fully-reserved stablecoin. USDC now stands at well over $10 billion market cap & is adding nearly $300 million net new digital dollars in circulation every week.Today, Circle's transactional services, business accounts, & platform APIs are giving rise to a new generation of financial services & commerce applications that hold the promise of raising global economic prosperity for all through programmable internet commerce.
What youll be part of:
With the mission To raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce, Circle was founded on the belief that blockchains & digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient & integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people & businesses everywhere can more freely connect & transact with each other with new technologies for digital money. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people & companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse & which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees & families, our local communities & our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, & High Integrity.
What youll be responsible for:
The primary responsibilities of the position is day-to-day implementation of Circle global regulatory reporting & unclaimed property obligations. Duties include preparing reports in an accurate & timely manner in accordance with state & foreign regulations, which requires regulatory & legal analysis & interpretation & a working knowledge of financial accounting & data set analysis. This position will interact directly & frequently with regulators & work directly & closely cross-functionally with internal stakeholders. Additionally, this position will be supporting the Regulatory & Compliance Risk Manager in the areas of supervisory exam management, training, & enterprise-wide policy development.
The position will be responsible for regulatory reporting & unclaimed property across Circles primary entities in the US, EU, UK & Bermuda, with an emphasis on individual US state reporting.
What you'll work on:
- Prepare monthly / quarterly / annual & ad-hoc regulatory reports including but not limited to annual reports at both the entity & licensing level, annual business registration & license renewals, & quarterly financial reporting
- Prepare unclaimed property reports by utilizing Excel formulas to organize data
- Reconcile & cross-check reporting data sets & perform analysis to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate with multiple stakeholders across organization & support management & team members
- Prepare & meet deadlines for the submission of reports to regulatory authorities with accurate data & financial information & maintain back-up supporting documents & folders
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of financial / regulatory reporting requirements & communicate these changes as needed to internal stakeholders, proposing any solutions if required
- Assist in the organization of state exams by performing regulatory research
- Assist in enterprise-wide policy development by maintaining an accurate record of all policies, existing & outstanding
- Collaborate with Talent in the distribution & development of training
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multi-stakeholder - you have dedication & commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees & families & local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener & to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission & our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity & you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open & honest communication, & you hold yourself to very high moral & ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty & intolerance.
What you'll bring to Circle:
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years of experience in financial institution compliance
- Unclaimed property knowledge preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel & Google Product Suite
- SQL knowledge preferred
- Masters degree preferred
- Cryptocurrency knowledge preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.