Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about building features that you & your peers would love.
We are looking for a senior engineer who will work on a small team to develop across the whole stack of our current & future systems. This role reports to the Engineering Manager of the Storage team.
DigitalOceans Storage Team builds & runs cloud-scale distributed powering internal & customer-facing services & products. Were creating flexible & powerful solutions that our customers will leverage to ship their software as quickly & easily as possible. Were looking for engineers to work on this team responsible end to end from design, implementation & improve DO time series systems. This job can be worked remotely or from our offices in NYC, Cambridge, MA, & Palo Alto, CA.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Develop our Managed Databases (DBaaS) products in Golang
- Work on technically challenging distributed systems
- Collaborate with an agile, self-managed team of peers
- Leverage interesting technologies such as Go, Docker, Kafka, & more
- Integrate with many components across the DigitalOcean stack
What Well Expect From You:
- Proficiency in at least one of the following languages: Go (highly preferred), C/C++, Java, Python, Ruby, and/or Perl
- Extensive experience using both relational (PostgreSQL, MySQL) & NoSQL (Redis) database systems
- Prior experience using Apache Kafka in a production environment
- Love writing & improving code with an emphasis on testing & maintainability
- Works well in a small team, able to balance & prioritize projects & requests
- Demonstrated ability to work at multiple levels of the stack in a fast-paced startup environment
- Has used multiple programming languages to build production systems
- Has experience with distributed computing systems
- Knowledge of virtualization concepts & application
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to get hired here & we promise youll get even better.
- We care about you. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We invest in your future. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match. We also provide all employees with Kindles & reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We want you to love where you work. We have great office spaces located in the heart of SoHo NYC & Cambridge & offer daily catered lunches to keep your hunger at bay. Were also very remote-friendlywe use Slack to communicate across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to take an all-expense-paid trip to our office to get quality in-person time with the team at least once a year. We also allow employees to customize their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!