Location: Dublin, Ireland
Most security companies focus on preventing hackers from getting onto your machines, but the almost weekly news of major hacks with substantial data loss prove that approach is insufficient. Intruders get inside the defense perimeter of business networks all of the time. Once inside, these attackers cause havoc with ransomware, destroy companies reputations by extracting & selling private information on the dark web, quietly steal thousands of dollars worth of processing with bitcoin mining, grab trade secrets for corporate espionage, or extract political & industrial information for nation-state espionage imperiling national security. This is where Vectra steps in.
Vectras highly experienced security experts identify what attackers must do once they get inside a network to do their dirty work. Then, our data scientists build & train machine learning algorithms to identify those behaviors. We stop attacks like those perpetrated on Target, Home Depot, Sony, Equifax, & Capital Onebeforethey become news stories. Vectra is the sole Visionary company in the Gartner report on Intrusion Detection & Prevention. Whats more, we are also disrupting the enterprise security space by providing the most intuitive user experience of any product in this space.
Vectras UX team is seeking a highly motivated User Experience Designer to work with our existing multi-national design team. You will work with our current Senior Designers to design high quality user experiences including look, behavior, & functionality of new features & products. You will be at the forefront of the cybersecurity industry in working to protect organizations from the bad guys, & will use your full range of skills from product design, interaction design, & visual design to help build delightful experiences.
Who We Are Looking for ...
- Youre excited about diving head first into the fascinating technical world of cybersecurity & working on conceptually complex workflows & information architectures
- You have some experience using iterative processes beginning with requirements & ending with customer experiences that are simple & elegant, integrating user research into your design process
- You are ready to be part of a design team that partners with Product Managers, Sales Engineers, UI developers, & other stakeholders to complete design work from conception to launch
- You are open to peer, user, & stakeholder feedback & excited to incorporate it in your work
- You can demonstrate experience creating detailed mock-ups, interaction workflows, wireframes, & prototypes to illustrate design intent & clearly communicate with internal stakeholders
- You understand the importance of supporting every design decision from the smallest text change to entire overhauls with logical, thoughtful, & clear rationales
- Excellent problem-solving skills & an understanding of user experience & interaction design
- Self-motivated & willing to prioritize & manage workload to meet project deadlines
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g. graphic, interaction, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 5 years of experience in UX design, including designing & shipping web-based applications or services in either the enterprise or consumer markets
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- A portfolio featuring examples of your best design work
- Familiarity with technical constraints & limitations in designing responsive web products & services
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to build good working relationships with local & remote team members
- Visual design skills with the ability to create pixel perfect, aesthetically pleasing designs is desirable but not required
A two minute video that describes what we do at Vectra, & an article about a recent funding round: