Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York & remote-friendly for employees, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want innovators who are passionate about seeing our customers succeed at scale.
We are looking for an experienced marketer with a track record of improving customer retention. Reporting to the Director of Growth Marketing, you will play a pivotal role in creating & executing the customer retention marketing strategy at DigitalOcean & will work with a variety of teams, including Customer Success, Product, Analytics & others in Marketing, to execute the retention roadmap to increase customer engagement & ultimately reduce churn.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Building & executing the retention marketing plan: Serve as both the project manager & key contributor in the retention marketing roadmap which youll create & own
- Creating innovative solutions: Experiment with a variety of levers in the customer journey to help users overcome barriers, see full value in DO products, & become loyal customers who retain & grow
- Working cross-functionally: Work with channel & product owners to execute customer marketing & retention strategies
- Driving insights from customers: Partner with research team to understand customer pain points & develop tactics to improve insights we gain from customers
- Analyzing results to inform recommendations: Create reporting frameworks to measure success & partner with analysts to maintain reporting on key metrics (ex: churn across segments & lifecycle stage)
- Launching customer marketing campaigns: Ideate new multi-channel campaign opportunities & lead the creation of campaign requirements, from theme, to copy, to design assets
What Well Expect From You:
- Track record of driving customer success at scale, with emphasis on retention: Strong understanding of B2B & B2C marketing across multiple channels & experience marketing to large, technical user bases
- Collaborative expertise: Customer success is a team sport at DO, so a proven track record of working cross-functionally to execute improvements in the customer journey is a must
- Project management: Strong attention to detail & ability to understand & plan against cross-dependencies to drive projects forward
- Digital marketing expertise: Examples of marketing channel ownership, such as email marketing, paid advertising, or content/SEO
- Strong writing: Ability to write effective copy for a variety of channels, including email, advertising, website, & product
- Systems experience: Hands-on experience with marketing & analytics systems such as Marketo, Segment, in-app messaging tools, & Looker
- Strategic thinking: Experience developing multi-quarter plans anchored on key customer success metrics
- Domain experience: Experience marketing cloud solutions to businesses and/or consumers; familiarity with cloud infrastructure a plus
- Digital marketing experience: In the technology/software sector or agency supporting cloud solutions
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Clickhere!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Clickhere to hear from our employees!