Phreesiais looking foran AssociateDirector of Data Sciencetolead our data science team!Youwill report to the Director of Strategy & Analytics, & willmanage & mentor data scientists,providing them with technical & analytical expertise & helping todefine the Life Sciencesdata science roadmap. Youwill alsoact as a thought leader in data science & machine learning for the entire company. You will be responsible for working with senior leadership to shape & executethe Life Sciences Departmentslong-term strategy for data science & transforming healthcarethrough the use ofdata.
You will inspire & mentor a team of data scientists, whileharnessing the power of data science & big data technologies to continuallyimprove our ability to make smart decisions. This is a huge opportunity to discover valuable insights for our clients & healthcare organizations across the nation.You are someone who loves solving complex problems & be committed to constant improvement, both for yourself & those around you.
What You Will Do:
- Mentor andmanage the data science team(approx. 6 members).Work cross-functionally with Data Science team todefine & create analytic tools & approachesto solve healthcare & business problems, bothfor internal stakeholdersand for our clients
- Defineandexecutethe data scienceteamsroadmap
- Support the Analyticsand Insightsteam, in addition to other internal groups.
- Create high-value data applications & insights usingPhreesiascurrent & future data assets
- Integrateand identifyinsights from various large datasetstoproduce high quality, timely analysesto make informed business decisions
- Lead development of new methodologies & approachesthrough implementation of new technologies
- Define & implement methodology improvements for existing processesand frameworks
- Communicatingcomplex analytics concepts in a clear & concise manner toleadership
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field
- 7+ years of experience with data modeling & data analysis tools (python, pandas,numpy, R, etc.)
- Experience with one or more data visualization tools (R shiny, D3, Tableau,plotly, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of & experience in machine learningand predictive models
- Advanced SQL skills-ability to envision, design, & query structured relational databases
- Experiencewith Apache Spark
- 4+ years of management experience preferably managing data science teams
- Experience developing & evolving a data science roadmap, executing the vision behind it, & partnering with stakeholders to create business value from it.
- Excellent writtenand oralcommunications skills with the abilityto seamlessly navigate technical, analytical, & business audiences
- Self-starter comfortable with ambiguity. Able to identify needs, develop a plan of action, & implement.
- Excellent time & project management skills.
- Graduate degree in Mathematics/Statistics/Computer Science or related field is a plus
- Healthcareindustryexperienceis a plus
- Understanding of & demonstrable experience using statistical principles to communicate results (experimental design, a/b testing & other frameworks)is a plus
- Hands-on experience & understanding of Graph and/or search Databases (e.g. neo4j,elasticsearch) is a plus
Who We Are:
AtPhreesia, were committed to helping healthcare organizations succeed in a fast-changing landscapeand we need smart, passionate people to help us do it. Our innovative SaaS platform offers our clients a suite of applications to manage the intake process, giving them the tools to engage patients, improve efficiency, optimize staffing & enhance clinical care.
Basically, what you do here matters, & hard work does not go unnoticed. Not only does Phreesiacare about our clients, we also care about our employees. In fact, were a three-time winner of Modern Healthcare magazines Best Places to Work in Healthcare award.If youre interested in consistent feedback & recognition, defined career paths, & the opportunity to work with driven & engaged colleagues in a dynamic industry, this may be the right opportunity for you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Variety of health plan options, dental/ vision coverage, & short/long-term & life insurance plans
- 401(k) savings plan
- Flexible working hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Unlimited snacks & drinks in our offices
- Mobile phone stipends, monthly subway pass reimbursement & Internet reimbursement
- 100% paid maternity leave to our U.S. employees, as well as a generous maternity benefit to our employees in Canada.
- Tuition & certification reimbursement, as well as other professional development opportunities
We strive to provide a diverse & inclusive environment & are an equal opportunity employer.