As the founding Director of Via's global Sales Engineering team, youll play a pivotal role in building & leading the group of technical experts who work alongside our Sales team to turn big ideas into groundbreaking realities. In this unique, strategic, & highly impactful role, you'll create the framework for our Sales Engineering strategy & execution, partnering with our Revenue, R&D, & Launch teams to define best-in-class methodologies for complex pre-sale scoping & post-sale implementation. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you'll leverage your deep technical expertise & commercial skill to play a key role in accelerating Via's growth in key markets worldwide.
What Youll Do
- Hire, mentor, & manage a globally distributed team of Sales Engineers. In partnership with our Sales team, our Sales Engineers will bring deep technical expertise to our client interactions, & help drive product strategy for new deployments.
- Create best-in-class Sales Enablement practices from the ground up, with a focus on scalability. As a founding member of our team, youll play a key role in shaping the Sales Engineering infrastructure that will power our hypergrowth trajectory.
- Manage the impact of new features or technical integrations in the context of Via's broader product roadmap
- Function as the technical/product leader in RFP responses, collaborating with the RFP content team to successfully represent the Via solution to our clients
- Build & maintain a Knowledge Base for our Sales & Launch teams, setting the standard for excellence & creating shared best practices
- Oversee the technical project management of service launches with significant product, technical, and/or infrastructural complexity
- Collaborate closely with Via's Launch & Partner Success teams to support the development of new products, acting as a subject matter expert & bridging the gap between operational & technical stakeholders
Who You Are
- A technical expert, passionate mentor, & experienced leader; you have 7+ years of proven experience as a Product Manager, Sales Engineer, and/or Engineering Lead, with 3+ years of people-management experience.
- Commercially savvy, you have previous client-facing experience in a pre-sales, implementation consulting, or technical advisory role (or have managed teams within these verticals.)
- A savvy & tactful communicator; youre experienced in leading relationships, working across teams, & helping clients build their understanding of complex products. Youre a natural educator, & can translate the toughest technical concepts to your peers & clients with ease.
- Intellectually curious, & excited by continuous iteration: you approach complex problems with an open mind, seek input & feedback from your peers, & continually strive for improvement. You're not afraid of change, & you pivot quickly to adapt to changing needs.
- A realistic optimist; you know how to balance client needs with real-life requirements, & you enjoy solving complex problems. You're experienced at mentoring more junior Sales Engineers, & you enjoy the process of helping others achieve their fullest potential.
- A creative & solutions-oriented thinker; you see challenges as opportunities, & enjoy building from the ground up.
- Low-ego & collaborative; you enjoy working across teams or business units, & thrive in a team environment.
What Catches Our Eye
- Experience building a team in a hypergrowth environment
- MBA or Masters Degree in a technical field
- Previous experience leading RFP/RFI processes
Were Via, & we build technology that changes the way the world moves. We pioneered the TransitTech category to ensure that the future of transportation is shared, dynamic public mobility the kind that reduces carbon emissions across congested cities, minimizes reliance on private cars, & provides everyone with accessible, efficient, & affordable ways of getting around.
With the addition of Remix into our portfolio, we created the first end-to-end TransitTech solution for cities & transit agencies, offering world-class software, service design, & operational expertise to fundamentally improve the way the world moves.
Were committed to building & nurturing a team as diverse as the communities we serve. Bringing transportation equity to the world begins with championing equal opportunity in our own offices. All backgrounds, identities, & voices are welcomed & celebrated here.
Ready to join the ride?