Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Production Support group prides itself in keeping the applications & systems of Visa up & running to cater to the 24*7 needs of the business. As part of the team, you will be responsible for supporting critical applications & ensure the stability of the applications by performing proactive maintenance activities, performing the code deployment in Production & Client testing environment, engage in automation activities, do root cause analysis & remediation. The role requires working knowledge of production support processes such as incident/change/problem management, call triaging, escalation procedures & such. The role will also demand the ability to write & maintain scripts to monitor system activity including application smoke test activities during pre & post production implementations.
- 24x7 on-call support as per roaster
- Monitor Processing
- Ensure timely execution/delivery/availability
- Detect & Resolve Problems
- Root Cause Analysis
- Permanently fix the problem
- Set audits & alerts to detect problem
- Facilitate maintenance activities
- Plan & executes changes as per instructions
- Run problem bridges
- Strictly adhere to the processes & guidelines
- Updates to knowledge repository
- Knowledge Transition from/to others
- Research/Analysis Work to answer questions
- Identify improvement opportunities
- Build Automation
- Performance Tuning
- Data Fixes
- 7+ years hands-on experience in 24x7 production support in large distributed batch data processing environment involving petabytes of data.
- Strong technical knowledge in developing, testing & supporting applications in HADOOP, HIVE, PIG, HBase, Spark/Java/Kafka.
- Experience on supporting applications in UNIX, ABINITIO, UDB.
- 5 years of experience in Performance Tuning, Data Fixing & Workload Automation.
- Experience in monitoring & analyzing logs in ESP/D-Series with 1000s of batch jobs.
- Experience in code turnover using version control tools like Jenkins.
- Strong Team player & ability to collaborate as part of virtual team across the globe.
- Strong analytical skill to analyze code, understand business rules & trace data following the process flow to investigate data related issues.
- Ability to run problem bridges collaborates with others from different functional & technical areas & escalates timely to get help to resolve problems within time.
- Perform exports, backups & data extracts as required from different environments
- A quick learner to learn new technology, application or tools & ability to cascade the knowledge to others.
- Strong verbal & written communication Skills.
- Ability to research solutions to various business & technical problems, evaluate alternatives & be able to present recommendations & justifications to management.
- Ability to participate/make recommendations in capacity planning activities.
- Ability to prioritize & perform multiple tasks simultaneously & deliver on time with quality.
- Strong process adherence to follow change, incident & problem management processes.
- Ability to identify knowledge gaps & provide technical guidance/mentoring to others to help grow talent.
- Build tools to automate production support activities that enable efficiency & productivity of team in day-to-day activities.
- Flexibility to work in shifts & during weekends & extended hours when needed.
- Strong self-motivation, sense of ownership & ability to retain focus under stress during crisis situation.
- Strong business ethics, self-discipline & trustworthiness to handle sensitive confidential data in live production environment.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science or a related degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.