SoundCloud the worlds largest open audio platform, powered by a connected community of creators, listeners & curators who share, discover & influence what's next in music is seeking the worlds best VP of Consumer Product Marketing to join us.
Based in NYC & reporting to our VP, Product Marketing, youll be responsible for helping our customers find success with our features, products & platform, guiding a growing team of product marketers to shape our offerings & how we position them.
And like most of us here, youll log on with a smile each day because you care deeply about our mission & want to play a critical role in helping creators upload instantly, connect with fans, & grow their careers, & helping listeners discover, directly connect with & support SoundClouds community of more than 25 million creators.
Key responsibilities for this role include:
- Build intelligence. Deeply understand the customers & markets we serve:
- Build expertise in our markets, our competitive set, & our communities
- Understand the relationship & evolution between our various customers, from listeners to curators to creators
- Develop positioning. In partnership with product managers, ensure our features & products are built to best serve our customers - then develop crisp positioning & clear consistent narratives
- Tell that story through marketing programs. Drive customer awareness, adoption & long-term engagement with those features & products; lead go-to-market/product launch, & develop ongoing campaigns that continue post-launch
- Measure it all. Define & apply KPIs & OKRs to ensure your team is helping our customers to be as successful as possible at a healthy ROI
Who you are?
- 8+ years of experience launching & scaling consumer apps, products, or services for global consumer and/or media brands
- Proven, unchallengeable experience in growing consumer businesses through sustained customer engagement
- Deep established proficiency in storytelling & narrative-building
- Experience developing & driving analytically rigorous & ultimately successful marketing campaigns using a breadth of online channels
- Expertise knitting together a broad range of customer listening posts & data sources - audience research, community feedback, customer support, behavioral analytics, etc.
- International experience & a knowledge of diverse cultural, social, & business landscapes
- Bonus points for a thorough understanding of:
- The entertainment & technology landscape, specifically the music industry
- Modern multi-channel media businesses
- Two-sided marketplaces & community-based services
- The lifecycle of audio creators