We are looking for a smart & talented UX designer to join our Brooklyn office for a full-time position.
Research & testing is an important part of your design process. You have a firm grasp of UX design principles & can demonstrate how you have converted a set of functional requirements into beautifully crafted UIs using a variety of methods & tools, such as sketching, wireframing, low-fidelity prototyping & fully-designed mockups.
Your core responsibility will be in combining your knowledge & expertise with the goals of our business to deliver a world-class user experience to our user-base. Youre comfortable designing across platforms & devices, including iOS, Android, & Web. You will be a passionate advocate for the user, dedicated to the craft of design & excited about working in a collaborative environment. You will be working closely with engineering, product owners, product managers, & you will report to the Chief Technology Officer.
- Experience: You have at least three years of relevant experience
- Simplicity: Good design is invisible
- Collaboration: Youll be working alongside developers & other designers to create elegant user experiences; you should thrive on feedback, critique & iteration
- Mobile: We advocate mobile first thinking, & you must be able to demonstrate a knowledge of mobile design principles for web & mobile applications
- Visual Design: Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, & InVision
- Prototyping & Wireframing: Youll be given full ownership of your ideas, & so youll be required to create beautiful mockups/wireframes/prototypes
- Data: You are a successful Designer, but you like to measure your success with data & learn from it every day
- E-Commerce & Editorial: You understand the challenges & the opportunities that e-commerce & editorial websites have to offer
The ideal candidate for this position has experience working in a fast-paced environment & can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include health care & a good time.