Mission Control Engineer
WeWork Cloud is looking for a Mission Control Technician to join our team to support & monitor our ever expanding member sites. We will be taking the follow-the-sun model & have teams in AMER, APAC, & EMEA to help support the ever growing number of sites across the globe.
It is the responsibility of the Mission Control to monitor, troubleshoot, & resolve issues that affect the availability & performance of the WeWork sites. The Mission Control is the first line of defense in making sure our members have an unrivaled experience.
The Mission Control Team is responsible for reporting on issues & performance, performing required maintenance, & working closely with the Network Services, Tech Services, & the Building Services teams to improve monitoring, troubleshooting, & response times.
As a Mission Control Technician we expect you to
- Monitor all production networks, servers, applications & services & respond to alerts according to standard processes
- Track & manage incident tickets fully to ensure proper operational metrics are captured & maintained
- Own the tickets that come in from both internal & external requests
- Ensure that there is always eyes on the ticket & making sure that the customer is not left hanging on a problem
- Either resolve the ticket within Mission Control or escalate the ticket to the appropriate team
- Represent the Mission Control in meetings/process changes & make recommendations on new procedures/ processes
- Collaborate with various technology teams for issues resolution
- Communicate with IT stakeholders on the statuses of issues
- Create & maintain knowledge base articles, policies & procedures
- Perform audits & document existing WeWork sites
- Network Diagram
- Rack Elevations
- Create site documentation
- Take notes of any anomalies
- Fix any anomalies that are fixable
- Convert as-builts into configuration for network devices
- Perform firmware & code upgrades
- Fully document & communicate shift-turnover reports
- Execute documented run books as documented for diagnosis & remediation of issues
Who You Are
- You know what a cli is, & the difference between a Windows cmd window versus a Mac OS terminal window & the cli of a network device.
- You know what to do on a technical level when a member asks for a private vlan
- Pinging network services on slack does not count
- You know the difference between 802.11a & 802.11n
- You know how to get a member device to print to the WeWork printers
- You are team-oriented with exceptional interpersonal & communication skills
- You are calm & collected in stressful situations, such as a major service outage
- You enjoy & excel at learning new skills & technologies
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a highly technical team
- Ability to thrive within an environment that relies heavily on the principles of teamwork
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Must be willing to work weekends & holidays
Here's the fine print
Position operates in a shift model, 5 days a week, 8 hours a day & is subject to change.
Schedule is not necessarily a 9am to 6pm model, it will change dependent on the time of year (daylight savings) as the follow-the-sun model has locations which are not affected by DST.