Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Product Marketing Manager to join our Member Engagement team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About this role:
Youll be joining our Health Care pod, focused on building out our engagement strategy for many of Oscars health care products & digital tools. These products & services have been created to make our members experience with Oscar & the health care system overall more accessible & affordable. In this role you will help target members & engage them with our virtual care, prescriptions, & mental health offerings, among others. Youll be the subject matter expert on what makes members engage & which members are responsive to what, partnering closely with Product, Data, Population Health, Clinical, Brand & Design, Concierge, & CRM.
Youll be part of the larger Member Engagement team, whose goal is to increase engagement with existing members to improve health outcomes & member satisfaction. Its an exciting opportunity to join a growing team. You will report into a senior manager within this pod.
- Own the engagement strategy around our virtual care products & prescription offerings (among other features) that help members minimize their health care costs, & improve their care. Youll work closely with your product lead & data analyst to oversee & launch go-to-market strategies for new products & features, & lead engagement strategies for existing ones.
- Own audience & product positioning for various products & features: Youll be responsible for understanding member behavior related to your products & featuresfrom the macro-trends with partnership from Consumer Insightsto microtrends in partnership with data analytics. Youll use this knowledge to create positioning for various member segments, & share positioning across the organization.
- Partner closely with our Population Health team to understand different health trends & clinical segments in order to architect & scale campaigns that can improve our members health outcomes.
- Act as the main point of contact to ensure your engagement campaigns are executed properly, on time, & that stakeholders are accountable & looped in (e.g., coordinate with our Creative team to build assets, with our product team to determine feature availability & positioning, our communications engineering & data teams to ensure youre reaching the right audience, & our Concierge team to coordinate multi-channel campaign execution).
- Identify trends, opportunities for testing, & measure results. Youll proactively report campaign findings & make recommendations for optimization. Youll manage relationships across the company & synthesize feedback from key stakeholders, create & launch surveys, & ensure that were enabling all available feedback channels.
- Support & inform the member engagement team. Become a subject matter expert on the distinct ways that we speak with & educate our members. Youll support the greater member engagement team & collaborate on shared initiatives across search, member health journeys, onboarding new members, & more.
- You have 3-5 years of experience in product marketing, loyalty, retention marketing, etc.
- You are a concise & effective writer. You can put yourself in other peoples shoes & tailor your message to address what they care about, in a language they understand
- You are effective at analyzing data, evaluating market trends & sizes, & presenting a business case
- Youre confident in your ability to pick up complex concepts & systems quickly, to learn on the job, & to figure things out even when there arent explicit instructions
- Youre a strong project manager & cross-functional collaborator. You have proven prioritization skills & ability to identify key risks/problems.
- You are able to give & get feedback from designers, product managers, writers, & marketers
- Youre a flexible team player. Youre quick to pitch in when something needs to get doneeven if its not listed in your job description
- Experience in health care or a startup preferred, but not required
- Experience working cross-functionally with product managers & data analysts, managing competing priorities, connecting the dots, all with a strong sense of EQ
- An eye for design & creative: experience working with designers & copywriters
- Experience with SQL is a plus
- An interest in health care, health tech, and/or health care policy
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.