WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2011 by Amy Jain & Daniella Yacobovsky Fiala, BaubleBar has quickly become an industry leader in the accessories space. Taking their motto of Embellish Every Day quite literally, the brand has consistently aimed & succeeded at ensuring every customer can express themselves with ease.
While the company got its start creating fashion jewelry, they knew that their cheerful & unique vision could go so much further. Since then, BaubleBars assortment has expanded to include fine jewelry, hair & tech accessories, as well as home dcor.
In addition, BaubleBar has launched major partnerships with some of the most recognizable brands in the world, including Disney, the NBA, & the NFL.
The brand is available on BaubleBar.com & in over 300 premier retailers globally, including Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, ULTA, Harvey Nichols, & Revolve. BaubleBars exclusive line at Target, SUGARFIX by BaubleBar, is found at every Target location across the U.S.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are seeking a Controller who can bring strong analytical, organizational, & problem-solving skills to the BaubleBar team. The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of Accounting policies & procedures & US GAAP. This person will lead & manage all accounting functions. You will have the opportunity to work closely with the Co-Founders & other internal stakeholders to ensure the accuracy of the Companys reported financial results. This will be a hands-on role with an opportunity to make a significant impact on a rapidly growing company. Being a self-starter who enjoys working in a challenging & fast-paced environment will allow you to thrive in this role.
WHAT WE WANT YOU TO DO:
- You will be responsible for leading the Company's internal Accounting team
- Lead & manage the month-end financial statement close process in accordance with US GAAP, including preparation & review of journal entries & generation of financial reporting package with detailed analysis
- Manage banking & treasury function
- Payroll administration
- Oversee & direct the Accounts Payable function
- Oversee & direct the Accounts Receivable function
- Oversee all aspects of tax compliance including sales tax, federal & state income taxes, franchise tax, etc., with assistance from external accounting partners
- Lead external audit process & issuance of GAAP financial statements
- Develop, document, & enforce internal accounting controls, policies & procedures
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Provide guidance on accounting treatment for new business activities as they arise; stay up to date with accounting policy changes & ensure compliance
- Position will be remote (residing anywhere in the United States & authorized to work in the U.S.)
WHAT WE WANT TO SEE:
- 10+ years of Accounting experience, with deep knowledge of Ecommerce, Wholesale & Licensing. Inventory accounting experience required.
- CPA certification
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Excel & NetSuite
- Strong understanding of US GAAP as it relates to areas of revenue recognition, fixed assets, inventory accounting, cost accounting, payroll, tax & treasury
- Experience building & leading high performing teams
- Highly organized, detail-oriented individual with strong sense of ownership
- Self-starter who can manage multiple competing business priorities
- Strategic, analytical, & agile thinker with problem-solving skills
- Ability to comprehend big-picture & also pay close attention to details
- Clear & effective communication skills, both written & verbal
- Ability to make informed decisions or recommendations in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive & collaborative approach; you love working with people & people love working with you