Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 60,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our upskilling & reskilling initiatives. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assemblys Enterprise (B2B) business is growing & needs a strategic, data-minded leader to build the operations & planning function that supports our global enterprise Sales & Client Delivery teams. The Director - Enterprise Operations will report to the President of Enterprise. They will partner with regional & functional business leaders to develop & lead sales enablement function, develop incentive plans, drive strategic analyses, understand & optimize business performance, & deliver best-in-class execution across our global teams. This role will also drive the tools & reporting to enable effective sales & delivery operations planning & decision making & will have the opportunity to lead critical projects to shape the future of the Enterprise business.
This role will lead & scale a highly-analytical Enterprise operations team & will be the primary thought & execution partner to the President of Enterprise, Vice President of Enterprise Sales, & Vice President of Enterprise Client Delivery. This role will serve as a connector across functional groups to share knowledge, drive people towards company goals & targets, & set the tone for strategic alignment.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Define & own sales enablement process
- Develop winning bid proposals in collaboration with cross-functional teams in Sales & Delivery
- Define & prioritize initiatives to drive operations improvement & directly lead or manage execution across internal teams
- Scale best practices & ensure consistent global processes across the organization
- Act as a connector across functional groups (e.g., drive workflow & RACI clarity, lead cross-functional working sessions, communicate global pricing guidelines, etc.) 9
- Partner with Enterprise leadership to drive overall Enterprise pricing strategy, incentive plans, & understanding of both across teams
- Ownership of Salesforce data hygiene including reporting & analysis across the Enterprise business against KPIs & success metrics, including Quarterly Business Reviews, & continuously drive efficiencies within Enterprise & cross-functional teams.
- Own all SalesForce processes & reporting ensuring the integrity & hygiene of its data to enable quick & easy reporting.
- In partnership with Finance, the Director - Enterprise Operations will drive the creation & analysis of business financial performance to inform our pricing & incentive strategies.
- Build reporting tools & dashboards that enable teams to ensure they are meeting revenue & EBITA targets in as close to real-time as possible.
- Work closely with the President, Enterprise to drive insights within the Global Enterprise business, including monitoring P&L.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4+ years experience in a Sales or Business operations function with an emphasis on data analysis, process improvement & sales enablement.
- Experience in managing & developing RFP proposals along with developing processes & governance for deal management.
- Experience in developing & monitoring performance against incentive plans for Sales & Client Success teams.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to distill complex thoughts & strategies into simple, actionable recommendations, especially to executives
- Comfort with data & ambiguity - the ability to both delve into details & engage meaningfully on overall strategy
- Strong data Skills - ability to logically gather & analyze large amounts of data. Building out models & using data is a big focus of the team. You should be fluent in data cleaning techniques & advanced analytical skills to extract insights from this data.
- Experience managing complex projects
- Execute projects across the organization to ensure our processes are continuously evolving across teams to increase our effectiveness. The Director - Enterprise Operations can quickly understand the stakeholder landscape at GA, identify relevant stakeholders for a workstream, & proactively engage them to ensure successful projects.
- Team leadership - you can motivate & lead your team as well as efforts across a wide range of ongoing reporting & analysis efforts while also identifying & leading strategic projects for the overall business to pursue to continue to scale the business profitably
- Fluency with Salesforce - leverage existing Salesforce (CRM) data to build & manage a suite of Salesforce reporting to generate insights into the performance of our business
- Communicates effectively
- Strategic mindset
- Manages complexity
- Optimizes work processes
- Builds effective teams
- Business insight
- Financial acumen