Vox Media employees thrive on innovation & change while ambitiously seeking to master their subject areas, hone their craft, & improve their communities. We help smart, talented, creative professionals make a meaningful impact in media, technology & the world around them.The Vox Media house of brands includes industry-leading media forces like SB Nation, Eater, The Verge, Vox, Curbed, Recode, Racked & Polygon, & reaches an audience of hundreds of millions, generating over a billion content views each month.
Editorial Intern, Polygon
Polygon is looking for an editorial intern for the summer semester with a genuine interest in reporting on the games & internet culture space from the nuances of toxic communities around YouTube & Twitch to the new Pokmon starter everyone wants to protect. Were looking for people who will not only work on projects they're assigned, but seek out stories as well. Editorial interns will also work across teams & have their hands in social strategy, data collection & analysis & special projects.
Ideally, wed love a candidate who is interested in becoming a stronger writer & reporter, with deep knowledge & understanding of Polygon's coverage areas. By the end of this internship, you'll have the training to carve out a reporting beat of your own inside games & entertainment.
This is a paid internship working out of Vox Media's New York-based office. Editorial intern duties will include everything from data entry & community engagement to writing, researching, fact-checking & pitching short & longform stories on video games & entertainment. To apply, please send a resume & a cover letter that includes links to any relevant writing samples. (Your college newspaper, as well as your own blog or Medium, are all acceptable here. but some writing experience is required. Please include at least one clip that shows some reporting, where youve interviewed someone or done research.)
- You must be able to work out of our New York office, not remotely, for the duration of your internship. Part-time or full-time opportunities are available between the hours of 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- You must be 18 or older.
- You should be knowledgeable about video games and/or entertainment, as well as Polygon itself.
- You should have some writing experience, whether it be for school coursework, a school publication, a blog or website or even a personal project.
- College students seeking credit are preferred, but seeking credit is not a requirement. You must be currently enrolled in school, seeking a undergraduate or graduate degree, or have graduated within the last 12 months.
- Research, report & write daily news stories for Polygon, which youll build yourself inside Polygons CMS.
- Research topics related to long-lead coverage.
- Assist the team in maintaining Polygons database of game releases.
- Look over evergreen content & find opportunities to creatively re-promote it across Polygons channels.
- Assist in social programming on some platforms.
The deadline to apply to this position is 5 p.m. ET on Monday, March 25, 2019.
Vox Media is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. Vox Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer & does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.