Peloton is looking for a passionate & analytically minded Senior Analyst of M&A & Corporate Development to help us evaluate & pursue opportunities for growth through acquisitions, strategic investments, & partnerships. Reporting to the Senior Manager of M&A & Corporate Development, he or she will work cross functionally with key stakeholders & will play a critical role in a wide range of M&A-related projects & transactions.
The M&A function sits within Pelotons broader Strategy & Corporate Development team & is responsible for conducting competitive landscape research & identifying, evaluating, & executing M&A transactions, strategic investments, & partnerships that support the long-term strategy of the company.
The ideal candidate will be an independent, strategic, & creative thinker who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large), has an outstanding work ethic, has excellent financial modelling & deck building skills, & is willing to take on additional responsibilities as necessary.
- Execute competitive landscape research, analysis & deep dives to identify strategic opportunities & threats; Proactively prepare detailed reports & presentations for senior leadership on industry trends & relevant companies
- Maintain & update a data-base of our current & historical deal pipeline; create & share custom dash-boards to provide real-time insights to internal stakeholders
- Lead all aspects of financial modeling for potential transactions including grounds-up merger models for both public & private targets, accretion / dilution analysis, & valuation analysis
- Support the team in identifying & cultivating relationships with prospective target companies
- Contribute on key aspects of M&A business & financial due diligence, deal structuring & negotiation, & the internal transaction approval process
- Collaborate with & support cross functional teams including Legal, FP&A, Tax / Accounting, Product / Engineering, New Market Development, & numerous others on a wide range of ad hoc research projects
- 1-3 years of experience in investment banking and/or corporate M&A. Transaction experience is required
- Excellent analytical, financial modeling, valuation, & deck creation skills required; Experience working with large data-sets
- Ability to work collaboratively & thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Great attention to detail & self motivation
- Exceptional interpersonal & written / verbal communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills (Excel, Powerpoint) & proficient in Google Suite (Slides, Sheets, Drive)
- Professional experience and/or personal interest in the fitness / health / wellness space and/or D2C subscription businesses a plus
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.