Vimeo OTT helps video creators grow thriving video businesses, from small content creators to major media partners. Creators distribute & sell their amazing videos through our customer-branded websites & apps on iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Android, & Roku. Our core technology is a React & Rails web app through which creators administer multiple video products & viewers watch & pay for videos.
The Vimeo OTT Platform team is focused on creating an exceptionally scalable, rock-solid platform that can keep up with the growing business & provide the foundation for continued, long-term growth. We cover public & private APIs, infrastructure & operations, security, & integrations. Its a broad range of responsibilities which translates directly to broad opportunities for working with different technologies & for making an impact.
OTT Engineering as a whole is an organization that loves to collaborate, encourages curiosity, & upholds technical excellence. We continuously ship small improvements to help our creators, striving to make world-class software that empowers people to build their business with video. We believe diversity of perspective & experience are key to building great tech.
What you'll do:
- Anchor big, important projects that affect the core architecture of the Vimeo OTT platform & grow our ability to deliver rich experiences to our users.
- Build & leverage your technical expertise to lead collaborations with other teams on complex integrations & innovative technical solutions.
- Improve performance, monitoring, alerting, & security for our services. Participate in our on-call rotation.
- Be an engineering leader for our team: mentor more junior engineers, collaborate on architectural decisions, & drive best practices & standards.
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- You have experience shipping features by building frontend components & API endpoints.
- You are fluent with web development concepts & best practices.
- You prioritize shipping user value & have the agile experience to help our whole team focus on our users.
- You practice empathy while working across teams - we regularly collaborate with peers on non-technical teams
- You set an example for high-quality code & automated tests.
- You communicate well verbally & in writing, across different kinds of audiences
Vimeo is the worlds leading professional video platform & community. We empower over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest brands to grow their business with video. Our products make it easy to create high-quality, impactful videos & to reach teams, audiences & customers anywhere.
Vimeo is powered by a growing team of over 650 passionate, dedicated humans. Were headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. We believe our impact is greatest when our workforce represents the diverse & global community that we serve, & were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is prioritized in how we build our products, leaders & culture. Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs.