Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about driving Service Excellence, Operational Efficiency & team member development.
Reporting to the Vice President of Customer Success & Support (CSS) this individual will lead the Developer Support, Customer Success Engineers & Upstack teams at Digital Ocean. They will be expected to coordinate with different teams within the organization including product, finance, systems, engineering & more to escalate long-standing issues & collaborate to resolve them. A good fit for the role will be a hard working individual who can lead by example & exhibit our values. Approaching & overcoming challenges with a data centric approach that informs the overall solution & ensures proper execution thats both aligned with the overall goals of the Support organization & its mission to provide a top notch customer experience.
- Experience supporting for high volume ticket queues in one or more of the following areas: Linux administration, DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure
- Cloud Certification - preferably
- Passionate about Cloud Technologies & Services
- Experience managing support or professional services team
- Experience working with product teams to meet business goals
- Experience working collaboratively with engineering teams to address customer feedback
- Shows emphasis & importance on customer driven organizations
- Experience in Cloud Solution, Technology Consulting & working closely with clients
- Experienced in Cloud Platform Services & in one or more of the following areas: Cloud licensing, infrastructure as a Service, Platform as a Service, etc.
- Experienced in creating SOPs & Continuous Improvement Strategies
- 5+ years building & or managing customer support teams, at a manager/senior manager level, or 3 years as a director of customer support (preferably in the IaaS, SaaS, Paas, DBaas space)
- Acting as a Escalation point as required & providing management & guidance to resolution of the customer concern
What Youll Be Doing
- Execute the Customer Support Strategy
- Ensuring adherence to IT Service Management & Delivery Best Practices
- Ensure any escalated issues are resolved quickly & with high customer satisfaction, & engaging with customers when needed
- Continue to speed up resolution times through accountability, enablement, launching tools, building processes & more
- Build a strong partnership with Product, Cloud Ops, Security & Engineering to raise issues quickly & fix/address long-standing & urgent issues
- Mentor, lead & grow a technical team across multiple locations & specialties
- Ensure proactive communication with the rest of Support, Product, Engineering & other relevant teams on metrics, changes, updates, etc.
- Planning of KPIs, Metrics & Team Efficiency / Productivity
What Well Expect From You:
- A hard worker who will roll up his/her sleeves & execute the department strategy
- Proven experience managing a technical support or professional services team
- Self driven & very high sense of ownership
- Proven technical knowledge in the following areas: Linux administration, DevOps, or Cloud Infrastructure Passion to help customers through simple & repeatable means
- Extensive experience building & or managing customer support teams, at a manager/senior manager level, or 3 years as a director of customer support (preferably in the IaaS, SaaS, Paas, DBaas space)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced & high ticket volume environment
- Strong data analysis skills
- Detail oriented & well organized
- Can communicate complex issues/processes with simplicity
- Can build & execute strategy & also deal with one-off customer issues
- Ability to communicate clearly with technical & non-technical teams
- Understands the customer experience impact of product decisions
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a monthly commute allowance to make your trips to & from work easier.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge, Palo Alto & Bangalore, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Customer Support #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Customer Support team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!