Farebuzz a Travel Tech company B2B has an opportunity for Senior Product Manager in our NYC office.
Fare Buzz specializes in discounted business class tickets & corporate accounts for business professionals who travel frequently. Companies are able to book airline tickets, hotels, & car rentals at discounted rates, helping them cut their travel expenses significantly.
Be the Product Owner of an exciting time to join & pitch ideas to c-level & other stakeholders for the travel tech company & execute. Use your creativity & innovation to build new products.
Innovation & New Product Development Duties:
- Create & maintain a product roadmap & ensure it is aligned with the companys quarterly initiatives that support our business goals.
- Manage the teams ongoing competitive product analysis.
- Drive innovation & assessment of new product opportunities for the brand or product areas.
- Communicate with internal & external partners/customers for new product development.
- Pitch new product plan to C-levels, superiors & other key stakeholders to get buy-in at all levels of the organization.
- Drive the product development process for key responsibility area by having the product team create clear PRDs & write detail user stories.
- Prioritize items in the product backlog with the tech team.
- Manage the journey of development items through the entire life cycle, from conception to launch.
- Ensure that development processes are being followed & features are on schedule & take the appropriate action in case of blocks.
- Ensure that all items are properly tested & meet acceptance criteria before launch.
- After release, measure the success of the released item & whether it met business projections & goals.
- Drive a process for MVP testing & create adoption within the product team.
- Ensure that all features are properly tested or A/B test & results are consistent with actual business results.
- Educate relevant teams on new releases (e.g. marketing & operations) & suggest ways to gain maximum bookings.
- Communicate to all stakeholders the success or learning of each product launched.
- Suggest Improvement of products launched.
Brand Maintenance Duties:
- Collaborate with & guide all teams daily (technology, marketing & PR, FDA, Operations, Supplier Relations, Finance) to ensure business & product goals are being met.
- Review performance metrics & ensure optimal site performance for the brand daily (e.g. Google analytics, Monitis, server reports, Hotjar, flight failures, EOD, etc).
- Communicate the QIs & drive buy-in among the product team
- Analyze & tell each department what is required to achieve monthly & yearly goals.
- Have the product team conduct ongoing competitive price analysis & recommend changes.
- Ensure regular competitive price analysis on all marketing channels.
- Create & maintain real-time reports & dashboards on the status of the website, including bookings & conversion, site performance, content, failures, widgets, airline performance, supplier performance, margin over ad-spend etc.
- Identify & report threats (including bugs) to the brand to all relevant departments & help to troubleshoot solutions.
- Is the go-to person for all issues reported for the brand.
- Prioritize reported issues based on goals & severity for the tech team.
- Make suggestions to the marketing team on the performance of marketing sources, newsletter content, & new marketing opportunities in the market.
- Record all changes made to the site with date & time stamps & what KPI will be used to measure the changes. And keep the calendar team updated.
- Review & approve all changes to the site from other departments to ensure the conversion is not affected.
- Ensure that the overall quality of the site (look/feel) is being maintained.
- Collaborate with legal for all legal or compliance issues new or existing features on the site.
- Meet weekly with Supplier Relations teams to address site need & find out about key airline partner deals.
- Report to key stakeholders on the status of the brand.
- 7-10 years of hands-on product managementstrategy, analysis, & day-to-day product ownership & ideation.
- Have deep e-commerce knowledge of what makes a great online travel brand because youve done this before, e.g. experience at a premium e-commerce company.
- Have a passion for figuring out user problems & pain points.
- Recognize that many of lifes problems dont lend themselves to a one-time cure-all, but are a lifelong journey.
- Excel at dreaming up ways to turn a moment of worry into calm & have an ability to explain it all to brainy designers, engineers, & writersplus the people who care about numbers, aka the business.
- Capable of developing a big-picture product strategy for meeting user needs, selling it, & then working out the details to get the plan over the finish line.
- Ability to juggle the needs of multiple audience segments & develop strategic product plans for each of them.
- Excellent at communicating & collaborating with a wide range of teams & stakeholders to build great products.
- Possess an innate desire to collect, synthesize, & analyze data to inform your strategy.
- Fluent in Agile principles & methodology.