WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
The Building Technology teams mission is to Empower WeWork & its Members with world-class technology infrastructure, support & services. We are building best-in-class systems to deliver technology infrastructure & IT services to our Members in an automated, elastic, & easy-to-consume way. The technology we build & manage has allowed WeWork to scale to 300+ buildings in 20+ countries & continues to be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow. Ultimately our goal is to make technology as frictionless as possible for our Members so that they can focus on creating their lifes work.
In this role you will lead the team responsible for the overall health & operational design of WeWorks Member-facing Building technology infrastructure. You will lead a matrixed, cross-functional, global Tier-1/2 support team responsible for supporting both our external Members & internal Infrastructure Engineering teams. You will provide overall leadership & technical direction to the global team across our entire products & services portfolio. You will help build best-in-class practices, tools, & systems aimed at delivering delightful Member experience.
- Provide technical leadership to ensure all systems have reliability & uptime appropriate to Members needs.
- Partner & influence across business functions & product lines to inculcate an operations-first culture.
- Be a trusted advisor to internal leaders by seeing the big picture & translating business strategies into actionable operational roadmaps & plans.
- Interacts seamlessly with executive level management & business lines leading all aspects of escalation management to resolve complex support challenges.
- Drive effective governance & engagement with partners & suppliers to ensure cost-effectiveness & timely deliverables.
- Develop high performing teams through ongoing opportunities for professional development, mentorship, & coaching.
- Be an inspirational leader who can attract & retain quality people globally to the organization & develop these individuals into a cohesive geographically distributed team.
- 15+ years of relevant professional experience, with a minimum of 10 years in a leadership role responsible for leading global technology operations at either a best-in-class global company or high growth startup.
- Strong customer relationship skills & ability to focus on multiple customer needs simultaneously.
- Ability to manage & influence through persuasion, negotiation, & collaboration.
- Strong commitment to success of customers.
- Strong operational, analytical, problem solving & communication skills.
- Team player that is self-motivated, collaborative, proactive, & compassionate.
- Demonstrated desire for continuous learning & improvement.
- Certifications such as Lean Six Sigma & Agile highly desirable.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.