Roivant is a global biopharma company improving health by rapidly delivering innovative medicines & technologies to patients. We do this by building Vants nimble, independent, entrepreneurial companies with a unique approach to sourcing talent, aligning incentives, & deploying technology. Roivant recently created a new Vant in Protein Degradation, ProteoVant Therapeutics, through the acquisition of a leading protein degradation company, the investment of its own capital & $200 million of outside capital, as well as the creation of an experienced management team to build ProteoVant into a leading, independent protein degrader company.
ProteoVant Therapeutics is a newly launched development-stage biotech company focusing on the discovery & development of disease-modifying therapies by harnessing natural protein homeostasis processes. We recently acquired numerous novel, protein degrader programs that are in discovery & preclinical development through our acquisition of Oncopia Therapeutics, a protein degradation company initially focused on oncology indications. Our lead program(s) in oncology may enter the clinic as early as late 2021. The company recently secured $200M in funding from SK Holdings in addition to investment from Roivant Sciences.
In addition to ProteoVants preclinical & discovery protein degrader programs & its deep relationship with the lab of Dr. Shaomeng Wang at the University of Michigan, Proteovant is enhancing its drug discovery engine to accelerate development by combining deep drugging expertise with innovative technology platforms including VantAI (Roivants AI platform) & Silicon Therapeutics (Roivants physics-driven drug design platform).
Our current therapeutic focus includes oncology, immunology, & CNS, with planned expansion into additional therapeutic areas in the near future. ProteoVant is rapidly expanding its discovery & development teams in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, DMPK, bioinformatics, toxicology & CMC at many levels. Our R&D organization is primarily located close to major pharmaceutical companies in the Philadelphia area where we are building state-of-the-art labs & office space. We also maintain offices in New York City, with remote work a possibility for certain positions. Please send your resumes or inquiries to email@example.com.
For additional information on ProteoVant please see our one-page overview here
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Reporting to: Head of Pre-Clinical R&D & Chief Scientific Officer
She/Hewill lead the structure biology efforts, supporting drug discovery efforts within Proteovants research & development department. She/He will work closely with medicinal chemists & computational chemist in the drug design team.She/He will be a key member of the drug discovery project team.
- A member or leader of the structural biology group at Proteovant and will be responsible for the crystallization & the structure determination of protein-small molecule & protein-protein complexes by X-ray crystallography and cryoEM
- Responsible for construct design, biochemical & biophysical characterization, crystallization, X-ray data collection/refinement, structure determination, & analysis
- Work closely with protein scientists, biophysicists, & protein NMR scientists at Proteovant and at CROs
- Serve as a member of the drug discovery team, working closely with computational & medicinal chemists on structure-based drug design approaches for small molecule protein degraders. The candidate will be expected to be able to participate in experimental design & to conduct experiments independently and can supervise/interact with CRO scientists
- Responsible for completing projects independently & as part of a team & will be responsible for timely updates of the project progress to the project teams, both informally & by formal reports
- PhD degree in structural biology, protein biochemistry/biophysics, crystallography, or in a related discipline with experience in drug discovery
- Proven ability in all aspects of protein crystallography from construct design through structure determination & analysis
- Experience in the crystallization of protein-small molecule & protein-protein complexes
- Extensive experience in structure-based drug design (SBDD) utilizing X-ray crystallography
- Expertise in commonly used structural biology software packages
- Proficiency in protein biochemical & biophysical assays
- Excellent communication & witting skills
- Detail-oriented, highly organized & able to manage multiple tasks & deliver quality data
- Experience/knowledge in protein NMR and other biophysics techniques in protein structures & protein dynamics is a plus